PDA

View Full Version : Choosing merchant account ?

Todd W
06-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey guys I`m pretty sure I want to go with authorize.net as my gateway but am unsure of a merchant to go with. I`m trying to find one that will store customer info on file so they don't have to re-enter it each time they order as the services I will be offering will require multiple purchases. If I can't find a merchant that will store the CC info for me I will be forced to store it myself and pre-populate the payment info and do all that on my end so I will need some sites/docs to read up on to make sure the server(s) are 100% secure.

If anyone has done anything similiar or has suggestions please post up... I`ve checked into Verisign and I don't see that they store the info but they are closed now so I will be calling tomorow to discuss this option with them...

Thanks
-Todd

Chris
06-15-2005, 06:19 AM
Why not store just the address information and have them reenter the CC details every time? Thats not that big of a deal.

Todd W
06-15-2005, 08:01 AM
Why not store just the address information and have them reenter the CC details every time? Thats not that big of a deal.

That 'could' work, we offer a service by allowing people to query our database so depending on how much they do it could be a bit of charges. We want to make it as easy as possible to re-charge them so they don't have to think as hard... kind of like Amazon you just pick what card you have on file (if you have more than one) and go. I think I`ll just have to store all user information as well as CC.... I`ll split them up of course but data security for CC info is very important.

s2kinteg916
02-22-2006, 02:49 PM
oops...