PDA

View Full Version : Ecommerce Software

expressweb
06-07-2005, 02:46 AM
Well Im not a programmer , recently for a website I need a software that can generate website codes for my customize requirement for a shopping cat website ..

Can anyone use such software Please share the software dowload link

thanks

dvduval
06-07-2005, 10:22 PM
You need a custom shopping cart?
www.oscommerce.com ?
Is that what you are looking for?

brucet
06-29-2005, 04:57 AM
Check out the 'Comprehensive List of E-Commerce Software/Systems' at the top of this forum. I'm sure you will find something there that is suitable. For opinions about Actinic you can visit our forum, http://community.actinic.com. Not sure about the others.

Bruce Townsend
Actinic Software
www.actinic.com | www.actinic.co.uk

dvduval
06-30-2005, 11:36 AM
With Actinic, every user must buy one copy of the software, correct?
Also, it is not possible to get any customization to the program, except throught Actinic, correct?

I tried to use it for a customer earlier this year. They already had a site using it. It was older version. To make a long story short, it seemed that I could no longer buy the older version, so really, the customer and myself would need to buy the new version (and anyone else that might want to, for example, check orders, from their PC).

With Actinic, it seems there is a marriage between the desktop software and the web based software that cannot be separated easily.

I prefer PHP based solutions where it is much easier to allow access by more users for a fixed cost, and also to get support and upgrades from a larger pool of programmers. There are other, more robust, solutions besides OSCommerce.

dvduval
11-21-2010, 10:44 AM
While I see I recommended OSCommerce in 2005, I would not make that same recommendation today. We are helping a customer right now that got hacked, and there are better options out there. Too bad OSC did not update their software. I think they stayed free too long. They should have started charging as Magento did.