PDA

View Full Version : Promoting a dating website

Haven
05-30-2005, 04:11 AM
Any ideas what else can be done to help get traffic to a dating website?
I know the marketplace is saturated pretty heavy.
Thanks for any suggestions.

chromate
05-30-2005, 05:50 AM
Unfortunately, it's probably going to cost you a lot of money to promote it. Unless you're targetting a particular dating niche, you're not likely to get anywhere on the search engines. I know, as I have a dating site.

So, we're talking advertising campaigns - which again will be expensive due to the industry. You could also set up an affiliate program.

The problem is, with so few members you're not likely to get a good return on your money for a long long time - as people will be reluctant to sign up with a dating site that seemingly has nothing to offer them. Some companies offer dating site software that allows you to use their existing database of members to start you off. Can't remember who offers this though.

Cutter
06-05-2005, 02:02 PM
You really need to carve a niche to get dating sites to suceed. Do something different. I'm thinking about sites like mySpace and facebook (not exactly dating sites) -- but they managed to explode soley based on viral marketing and word of mouth.

hellier0898
07-11-2005, 04:39 AM
Im in exactly the same boat, (well almost) - Id prefer not to mention what I have done (sorry!) but three months ago I had 100 members, and now its on 6,000 - My advice, patience, and ensure that your new members have all the tools and hand to tell their friends.

Dont look for new members until you are satisfied that your existing ones have been squeezed for additional referrers (in a nice way of course)
!