PDA

View Full Version : new adsense feature?

chromate
05-24-2005, 08:02 AM
On a normal leaderboard adsense ad, I just had three normal ads and then the 4th ad space had "change to ads about:" and then a list of 4 related subject categories for the user to chose from.

Has anyone seen this before?

s2kinteg916
05-24-2005, 09:14 AM
ive also seen adsense show little pictures next to affilaite ads...

James
05-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Gah should have taken a screenshot :(

chromate
05-25-2005, 04:01 AM
I did. I'll post it later. I'll scrub the rest of the ads though. Don't wanna get into trouble with the big G. :)

moonshield
05-25-2005, 05:35 AM
hehe, I have seen these ads too. They look somewhat odd to me. Probably get good CTR though.

jumble
05-30-2005, 05:54 AM
Chormate, I believe they are called "rad links". They have been in BETA mode for a year or so now. I saw them on my site recently. There was originally 2 versions.

One had a search box you could type in a keyword.

The other is the one you described with a list of suggested topics to choose from (and no search box).

I suspect the search box version will not see the light of day because it would make it too easy for people to type in a high paying keyword and then fraudulently click on the high paying keywords to make themselves lots of money!

:)

Blue Cat Buxton
05-30-2005, 11:22 AM
Ive seen the search box replace the link unit ads a number of times

James
05-30-2005, 03:33 PM
http://www.jenstar.ca/radlinks/index.html

jumble
05-31-2005, 05:52 AM
I have seen a whole lot more of them on my sites today. Looking like these ads are starting to go main stream.

Thanks for the link James.

Cheers :)

chromate
05-31-2005, 06:16 AM
I don't really like them. The second people realise they're actually ads, the CTR drops.

moonshield
05-31-2005, 11:52 AM
i just think they are wierd looking. Probably work well though.

Chris
05-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Chormate, I believe they are called "rad links". They have been in BETA mode for a year or so now. I saw them on my site recently. There was originally 2 versions.

One had a search box you could type in a keyword.

The other is the one you described with a list of suggested topics to choose from (and no search box).

I suspect the search box version will not see the light of day because it would make it too easy for people to type in a high paying keyword and then fraudulently click on the high paying keywords to make themselves lots of money!

:)
They can already do that with adsense for search.

James
05-31-2005, 07:45 PM
I think Google probably watches its publishers very closely and strictly.

Hell, their support staff has to be doing something besides replying to everyone's emails if they never do.

jumble
06-01-2005, 03:19 AM
They can already do that with adsense for search.

Good point Chris. I have the google search function on one of my sites but the most it ever paid me was maybe 3 cents in a day. Maybe if someone typed in a high paying keyword i would get 4 cents? lol :)