PDA

View Full Version : How to set up defaults in google & fastclick?

zeropaid
05-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Looking for some help in setting up my defaults. I use fastclick and google (mostly google these days), and I want to optimize my default traffic.

For example, I run fastclick skyascrapers and I have a basic affiliate default set up, but i want to default to google. Fastclick tells me I have to put that code in a .js file on my server, which i tried, but it doesn't work. How do I properly implement Google as my fastclick default?

I also want to use an affiliate banner as my google default, but I can only get the image to show using the "google_alternate_ad_url" variable, but can't make it clickable. Can this be done and if so, how?

Thanks for any help you can give.

masm50
06-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Where does it talk about a .js file?
As far as I know, you only need to point the default to a .js file with the pop-under defaults.

With skyscraper and banner defaults you need to generate your Adsense code and save it in an html file (such as adsense.html)

If you then upload it onto your server so it is like:
http://www.example.com/ads/adsense.html

You will still need to use your affiliate program for the img src and href non-rich media tags though.

I've not done this with a default to adsense myself, but it defaults to Burst fine like this.

<offtopic>
I really like the new look zeropaid by the way - and the radio show thingy is a nice touch ;)
</offtopic>

Cheers

Tim