PDA

View Full Version : Another Question DMOZ

asphalt
05-12-2005, 07:33 AM
First off thanks everyone for the help... And this will be my last question for a while.

I have been waiting in a DMOZ category that has not been edited in about 9 months. Should I try changing categories to one that is more general probably a better suit for my site and was edited just the other day. I know that category may not be edited again for a year so it is kind of a gamble... Or should I not even worry about it?? Seems like it will be forever.

Kyle
05-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Maybe try applying to be an editor of that category without giving any information that points to you having interest because of your website.

Try and become an editor who has interest in the topic, not in getting their site listed. Your goal is not to abuse dmoz, just get your site accepted.

What the hell?

asphalt
05-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Yeah good point I have thought about that a number of times. I guess I am too lazy. Funny I complain about the time it takes to get listed , but then I am too lazy to become an editor. Go figure... No seriously if I was going to take it on I would want to dp a good job but I am not sure I could make the time.

The more I started thinking about it I might do this, but stick it out for half a year and try getting that one category up to date. Sure they are my competition, but a little competition never hurt anyone....
Thanks icebane

davesplace1
05-12-2005, 07:49 PM
DMOZ is so slooooow to list your new sites, but well worth it when they finlly get around to it.

Todd W
05-18-2005, 05:03 PM
A site I launched in the late 90s made it into DMOZ and I didn't even realize it until I started getting calls on the service the site offered. It's nice once you are in :D