PDA

View Full Version : site no longer shows up

Michelle
10-07-2003, 03:47 PM
After about two weeks of being online my site came up in Google..after I submitted my site by hand to the major search engines..it disappeared.
I cant figure out what went wrong and it has been months and still no showing. It seems as if my site has been taken off the listings? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

chromate
10-07-2003, 04:21 PM
Hi Michelle,

Could it be that your site is deep down in the search results and you haven't found it? Or have you checked and found that it is not indexed by Google at all?

Can you check your server log file / stats and see when the last time googlebot visited your site?

The original listing may have been a temp listing. For a site to be indexed, it must have one or more links to it. Your site probably does, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. :)

If googlebot hasn't visited your site over the last couple of months then I would re-submit your site to google.

What is your site URL?

Michelle
10-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Thank you for your response. I checked my stats and google did crawl my site a little less than a month ago. When I type in the actual domain name of my site (mllgraphics) in the query, it will not show so I assume it is not even indexed.

Before I submitted it to google, it showed on its own, my site and another I had done which were put online at the same time..created almost exactly the same.

If you don't mind, maybe you will see something wrong which I have missed.
www.mllgraphics.com (http://www.mllgraphics.com)

Thanks again!

chromate
10-08-2003, 03:18 AM
Ok...

Firstly, the splash page (the first page before you enter the site) could be killing things a little. Personally I would get rid of it. That will help you a little.

Your site is basically composed completely of graphics. This isn't good at all for search engine placement. Unfortunately the keywords you've put in your meta tags wont make any difference these days. I would suggest ready through some of the articles on this site about search engine optimization. They're very easy to follow.

But for now, get rid of your splash page, resubmit your site to google and email a few other site owners asking for a link to your site. That will at least get you indexed.

Chris
10-08-2003, 06:42 AM
Getting listed in directories would help as well.

Michelle
10-09-2003, 10:32 AM
I am going to get rid of that splash page- it is awful..both sites have them. I am going to look back at some of the articles and tweek my site a bit. Thank you for your suggestions!