PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about launching a free online games site

piniyini
05-11-2005, 05:47 AM
Yes, I know there are loads of 'em out there - I guess one more wont hurt the web.

There are a few people here who have a free online games site, can anyone one tell me how many games you think are enough before I launch the site?

I have 87 at the moment. Anything else I should know, do?

Ta

Kyle
05-11-2005, 07:34 AM
I'm being very cynical, and not basing this on any real statistics, but I think all these free online games are bad for the advertising market.

The best is when you have a site on free online games using adsense, and the ads are competitors who have the same games.

piniyini
05-11-2005, 03:35 PM
I think all these free online games are bad for the advertising market

If that was the case I am sure ad networks would say this is thier application requirements.

Anyone else have any input on this, and to the question I originally asked ? :o

Kyle
05-12-2005, 02:44 AM
If that was the case I am sure ad networks would say this is thier application requirements.

Anyone else have any input on this, and to the question I originally asked ? :o

Ok, sorry. You have plenty of games to launch. If you had original games, that no one else had, you could launch after only having a couple online.

The key to competiting is focusing your time obtaining traffic. Making important traffic partnerships. Finding places to get traffic for free.

piniyini
05-12-2005, 04:38 AM
Thanks icebane, and no need to be sorry, you merely gave your opinion which is cool.

Ok, so I have enough games to launch, lets see how my first real website (apart from the blog) goes ...

Todd W
05-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks icebane, and no need to be sorry, you merely gave your opinion which is cool.

Ok, so I have enough games to launch, lets see how my first real website (apart from the blog) goes ...

Maybe try to find some kids in the neighborhood who have computers and tell them about your site??? If they like it they may share with their friends? Could work, and good way to get free visitors.

deronsizemore
09-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Yes, I know there are loads of 'em out there - I guess one more wont hurt the web.

There are a few people here who have a free online games site, can anyone one tell me how many games you think are enough before I launch the site?

I have 87 at the moment. Anything else I should know, do?

Ta

Sorry to be off topic...but I'm curious as to where you got your 87 games? Are they all original and made by you or just ones you've gathered off of the ne?