PDA

View Full Version : Review www.bebimi.com please

dSub
05-05-2005, 02:07 AM
Hi folks, we're currently developing something like a jewelry/diamonds portal at www.bebimi.com and I was wondering if anyone has any input and critique on it. It's not finished yet, there's still some work to be done about it, but I wanted to know what people who actually know what they're talking about think about it.
Thank you very much and don't be gentle! :D

paul
05-05-2005, 05:49 AM
It would be nice if "the four C's" indicated it was a link before you roll over it.

dSub
05-05-2005, 07:01 AM
Well, if you look carefully you'll notice that "the four Cs" part of the text has a different color indicating that it's a link, but I suppose you have a point and that it should indicate better that it actually is a link. I'll see what can be done about that. Thanks for noticing that!

Alan25r
05-07-2005, 02:58 AM
Anyway, the website's overall layout looks good. It has nice pictures and well defined functions but I think that you could add a search box or something. This way your customers would easily find what they are looking for. ;)

Will
05-10-2005, 07:39 AM
I like the way you give information about what you’re selling.
But the fonts need a little work. Use bigger text and may be other colors to improve your "Promotions" and "Diamond Facts" visibility.

Will
05-31-2005, 08:51 AM
I can see you made some changes at bebimi – I like your search option (especially the idea that the customer gets not just pure info about the item he's searching for, but also the image) however it doesn't work for the whole website (I hope it's temporary and soon your customer will be able to choose among the items presented at the jewelry websites affiliated with bebimi).
Keep up the good work ;)

dSub
05-31-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm glad you guys noticed the search function we're trying to implement on bebimi.com
I say trying, because as you've noticed it's not finished and it's not extended to all of the products present on our site. Hopefully, soon enough we'll complete it and place it somewhere on the first page as Alan has suggested.
Thanks for your suggestions regarding fonts used on bebimi. We'll be taking this into account as well.

Alan25r
06-01-2005, 03:16 AM
You finally removed the '.com' suffixes from your bebimi.com affiliate's list. Well done although you should enlarge the list's fonts a little bit. Also, try to get rid of those bullets located in front of the links.

Will
06-01-2005, 04:32 AM
You know, I was thinking about that odd list of the websites on the right hand of the main page. I understand that bebimi is affiliated with these jewelry vendors (and I must admit most of them are brand names) but the list itself doesn't look very nice. May be it's better to arrange it in another way?

James
06-01-2005, 07:53 AM
I think you could possibly round the corners of the image on the homepage, and maybe the top left and bottom right corners of the boxes to the right of it containing company names.

Also, Shop By Brand could easily just use ordinary text, as could your top navigation. Or at least use CSS for image replacement, and placement of the things on the page.

Will
06-02-2005, 06:54 AM
You finally removed the '.com' suffixes from your bebimi.com affiliate's list. Well done although you should enlarge the list's fonts a little bit. Also, try to get rid of those bullets located in front of the links.
And I think that those bullets serve as the boundary between the text and pictures (on the left) and the list of jewelry brands (on the right). So I wouldn't remove them ;)
But actually the decision must be made by the owner of bebimi.com as he/she will decide what is the best for the website design :p