PDA

View Full Version : where to advertise

Cloughie
10-06-2003, 05:05 AM
Hi,

I am currently thinking about how to market my products. I will most likely be advertising in some large u.s magazines depending on cost, but what are the best internet advertising opportunities in your opinion?

I.e Google ad words etc.

How does the one work, you recommend?

Chris
10-06-2003, 07:04 AM
Adwords is one of the best ways.

Overture is good too but they have some slimey partners, as does LookSmart.

incka
10-06-2003, 08:47 AM
I'm sure some of the sites of AdSense are slimey too...

Look to see if your competition is listed on yahoo, as although it is not worth it for a content based site, it can be very profitable because alot of people when looking for a product prefer browsing well know directories such as Yahoo! rather than searching google.

Mike
10-06-2003, 09:40 AM
Even if some of the Adsense sites were "slimey", you can just tell google via a checkbox that you don't want them shown on adsense sites.

incka
10-07-2003, 10:35 AM
BTW, any one seen those BidClix ads that imitate google ads, even saying Ads by BidClix and having the same size border? MSNBC.com use them!

Kia
11-07-2003, 05:48 PM
Hey Cloughie,

I just signed up a couple of weeks ago w/ Partner Weekly. It is an Ad Network. It can go for both Publishers and Advertisers. I am on the publisher end, but they have great offers. Maybe you can put yours up there. Here's there link.
www.partnerweekly.com

iKwak
11-07-2003, 06:05 PM
I've heard tons of good feedbacks and profit from Google Adsense.

Mike
11-08-2003, 02:11 AM
I have just joined adwords, so I will tell you how it goes throughout the next week.