PDA

View Full Version : Which program is better for a small website?

dotcompals
04-22-2005, 12:39 AM
Which program is better for a small website?

Adsense

Fastclick

Clicksor

Mamma

Combination of all the above

Any other?

Boricua
04-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Your results might vary depending on the focus of your website. I typically lead with Adsense on new/unestablished sites.

For example, I recently placed Adsense on some new sites (none of which are in my sig, BTW). I routinely make anywhere from 0.50 - 4.00 per day on each site even though none of them currently gets much traffic. Based on my experience, FastClick wouldn't even come close to that (given my sites and audience).

ogito
04-22-2005, 03:44 PM
For small site I would go with AdSense...

moonshield
04-23-2005, 09:15 AM
AdSense is the best for a small site by far UNLESS your in a crappy paying type of site. Its awesome for the high paying keywords.

Mike
04-23-2005, 10:30 AM
How do you define small? If your saying 2k uniques a day (small compared to a lot of websites), Fastclick could be a good option.

moonshield
04-23-2005, 10:57 AM
small IMO would be <1k. Fastclick would very well be a good option if your site received over 2k a day.

chromate
04-23-2005, 04:23 PM
The owner of a small site will most likely want it to grow. Banners / popups / popunders will all hinder the growth of a site, assuming return visitors play a part in the equation. Therefore, I would definitely recommend contextual or text based advertising such as AdSense as oposed to annoying cheapo banner ad networks such as fastclick etc.

With say 2k uniques a day, each user viewing 3 pages, running a fastclick banner will only bring in, say about $3 a day. On the other hand, nicely integrated adsense ads attracting a decent CTR could pull in a hell of a lot more - even if the topic isn't that high paying.

In terms of generating revenue, don't rule out affiliate promotions. A nice commission, well targeted affiliate ad could out-perform all of the above.

moonshield
04-23-2005, 05:18 PM
the makes good sense, I was not factoring in the need to grow. It matters if the goal is return vistors.