PDA

View Full Version : Top Site/Link Farm-ish - Will this method hurt or help?

RockNRollPig
04-18-2005, 08:15 AM
So I've got an idea...maybe not new...but who cares. I'm thinking about setting up a top sites/link farm-ish sort of section on a site of mine and the way to get on the list would be to link to the main page of the site with a certain keywords. So say i've got KillerSite.com with the top sites thing located at killersite.com/topsites but to get on the list you have to link to killersite.com using the keywords "Killer Widgets". Would that help or hurt my SE placement for Killer Widgets? I'm not really going for anything fishy here but I just happen to get a rediculous number of requests for link exchanges and I figure if I can make them happy and help my site in the process that'd be nice.

MarkB
04-18-2005, 08:47 AM
How would this be different to a normal links page (unless you rank them according to clikc-throughs, but then again for people just looking for backlinks I doubt that'd matter much?).

RockNRollPig
04-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Well no different really than a links page minus, like you said, people try harder to send me more click-throughs. But does having a link page hurt or help rankings since you have so many outgoing links?

MarkB
04-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Well, since links only run off the one page, it doesn't hurt at all (though only link to the links page from your index page:)).