PDA

View Full Version : still unsure please help

ricky776
04-10-2005, 01:48 PM
hi

i posted a queston the other day about me haveing not got any idea how to get ranked in search engines and you gave me a few links to read ive red them all and still unsure can some one tell me proper and simple it down a bit

thanks and bye

Rick

chromate
04-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Ok... Simple version.

Get as many inbound links to your site as possible.

Try to get those the people that link to your site to use keyword rich anchor text (the text that makes the link)

Make sure your <title> tags contain your keywords, ie <title>Keyword keyword keyword</title>

Use your keywords in your headings ie, <h1>keyword</h1> <h2>keyword</h2>

use your keywords with <b> <i> tags. ie, <b>keyword</b>

use your keywords on your page quite a lot, but not so much that it's particularly noticable.

make sure the links on your own site use the keywords you're optimizing for. ie, if page A is optimized for kwyword "widget", link to that page on your site using the text "widget"

DON'T bother doing link exchanges with any spammy looking sites.

DO try and get links by submitting to directories, such as DMOZ, Yahoo etc. You will get traffic from them and you don't need to return the links so they're valuable to have.

Quality UNIQUE content will get people to link to your site without you even having to ask. May take some time though. But it's worth it.

... sitepoints new book - who needs it?! ;) haha

littlewhite
04-12-2005, 04:02 AM
Nice tips chromate.What you said is surely a great help to webmasters who are wandering about.