PDA

View Full Version : How to increase PR for a network of websites?

sanjeevan_a
04-07-2005, 07:22 PM
If you owned a "network" of websites, each with a lot of webpages, how would you link them together to increase PR for certain sites in the network.

Chris
04-07-2005, 08:22 PM
I link back to a hub site and then link out of that hub site to the sites that need the boost.

chromate
04-08-2005, 01:21 AM
I too use a hub site for sites that aren't related by topic. If the sites are related though, then it's better now to link directly to the site that you want to give a PR boost to.

sanjeevan_a
04-08-2005, 03:05 PM
do you put a link back to the hub site on every page of your other sites, or just the index page?

MarkB
04-08-2005, 11:23 PM
I put a link on every page, for maximum PR.

Tech Evangelist
04-09-2005, 07:54 AM
Be careful when interlinking sites on the same class-C IP address. The class-C is the first three groups of numbers. This is easily detected by G and an excessive interlinking penalty could result.

PR doesn't have the same value that it one had. I currently see plenty of low PR sites in G that are ranked much higher than high PR sites. A lot of people believe that PR is not as important as it one was, and a Google rep acknowledged this at a recent Search Engine Strategies Conference. Quality links from a lot of sources are much more important.

MarkB
04-09-2005, 08:59 AM
I do believe there is more to how a site is ranked than just its PR.

James
04-09-2005, 02:43 PM
And I do agree.

ozgression
04-09-2005, 04:12 PM
As do I. :)

pierrebenoit
04-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Sound interesting.
Can you post a map with 10 websites
Thanks
(Sorry for my english - I didn't understand very well [hub??])

r2d2
04-26-2005, 04:36 PM
A hub is where a main site links to all the child sites, and the children all link back to the main site - the main site is the hub. E.g.

x
|
|
X----x
|
|
x

Where lines are links and the big X is the hub and the littles x are the child sites.

pierrebenoit
04-27-2005, 12:04 PM
thanks! for all

Todd W
05-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Be careful when interlinking sites on the same class-C IP address. The class-C is the first three groups of numbers. This is easily detected by G and an excessive interlinking penalty could result.

PR doesn't have the same value that it one had. I currently see plenty of low PR sites in G that are ranked much higher than high PR sites. A lot of people believe that PR is not as important as it one was, and a Google rep acknowledged this at a recent Search Engine Strategies Conference. Quality links from a lot of sources are much more important.

I`ve heard this MANY times but never seen it proven. Sites on the Class-C being banned? Has anyone SEEN this happen, and have proof that's what CAUSED it?

chromate
05-18-2005, 05:13 PM
It's hard to prove it. But I have had sites dumped that were heavily interlinked on the same class C IP. After moving one of the sites to a different class C address, a couple of days later the site re-appeared. Obviously could be coincidence, but as it's so easy to stick major sites on different IPs, I wouldn't risk it again. Lost me a fair bit of money when the site got dumped.

Todd W
05-18-2005, 05:19 PM
It's hard to prove it. But I have had sites dumped that were heavily interlinked on the same class C IP. After moving one of the sites to a different class C address, a couple of days later the site re-appeared. Obviously could be coincidence, but as it's so easy to stick major sites on different IPs, I wouldn't risk it again. Lost me a fair bit of money when the site got dumped.

Interesting, and you are right the risk outways the cost of the IPs.(If you run your own server, if you don't they CAN get pricey!)

Todd W
05-18-2005, 05:44 PM

I just re-read what you wrote... At first you said different Class C IP, and then you said "differen IP". Do you mean you should have sites on Different IPs, or Different IPs on different Class-C networks? If you run your own server it is costly if not cost prohibitive to run sites on different Class-C networks :confused:

chromate
05-19-2005, 02:02 AM
Sorry, I did mean different class C addresses. You're right, It could get costly doing it on the same server, or even different servers from the same hosting company / ISP. I actually don't own any servers. I have a couple of re-seller accounts that are on different class C addresses. In addition to this, I also know some people that have their own re-seller accounts, which I can use if need be. We kinda share out our address spaces. Works out very well.

Snowballer
05-19-2005, 04:11 AM
Chris,

You would avoid linking from the network sites to other network sites (site wide links)? Maybe that's why i'm in the sandbox hehe