PDA

View Full Version : Get things off your chest

jonnyhilfiger
03-30-2005, 05:00 AM
Not so much a review as it's only a PHPBB site with a free skin so not claiming anything new but have been sitting on the domain VentyaSpleen.com for a year or so now and thought it I should at least put something up there.

Seems appropriate for the UK at the moment what with the run up to the election.

Originally wanted it to have articles for discussion but after a year with no time to commit to it thought I'd start off with just a forum.

What do you peeps think of the concept. If you want to vent your spleen please do so. Forum only started today so need peeps to register and start submitting topics.

Cheers, everyone.

John

Blue Cat Buxton
03-30-2005, 05:33 AM
Now, being a Blue Cat, I like blue, but your site is very BLUE. Not easy to read if there are long rants.

I like to concept of these sort of sites but as you say you need to get people to post.

How about a simple "Top Vents" homepage that at least directs newcomers to current topics, or newsworthy items that might start a thread (could you incorporate a rss feed from a news site with a link like "vent your spleen on this..."?

Nice idea though

jonnyhilfiger
03-30-2005, 06:08 AM
Nice idea, I shall definately do that.

Cheers, John

Torito
03-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Good idea John, it makes you wanna shout something at somebody.... and that surely will prompt a discussion soon, so it's an excellent idea for a site. I agree with Blue Cat about a welcoming homepage to introduce hot topics.

Good luck

paulfitz
05-24-2005, 04:58 PM
I have a vent website as well - however mine is poorly updated :(

http://www.mynancoulddobetter.com
Some of the posts are funny as hell.

I could'nt access the boards on your site - locked at the moment?
It does look kind of blue, I will take another look once you have opened things up.