PDA

View Full Version : How Quickly Can Links Deliver Traffic?

Boricua
03-24-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm mulling over the possibility of engaging someone to pursue an aggressive link building campaign for a number of sites that have never been well promoted.

My question is how long I should expect to wait before seeing results (in terms of increased traffic).

I realize, of course, that the results could depend on a number of factors. Even so, I'm wondering if someone with experience in this area can offer some feedback. If I do engage someone, I want to give them enough time to make an impact. At the same time, I'd want to pull the plug if the link building campaign doesn't deliver traffic. Do you think 3 months is long enough to judge success? How about 6 months?

Thoughts?

cwsteam.com
03-26-2005, 04:46 AM
Somebwhere between 3-6 months is a wise thinking, but invsting some money in text advertising will be always wise, if those websites are genertaing revenue. You need to work out a strategy and hen implement it. DO not overdo things, and keep a nice balance. Also, try not to interlink them heavily.

Just my 2c.

Cutter
03-27-2005, 05:26 PM
If they are placed well you'll get results immediately.. if they are buried on the 3rd page of a link farm forget it.

Boricua
03-28-2005, 09:29 PM
If they are placed well you'll get results immediately.. if they are buried on the 3rd page of a link farm forget it.

I suppose there are a few ways I could get more traffic:

- Direct click-through traffic from sites that link
- Increased SE traffic due to better link popularity

Although both kinds could benefit my sites, my assumption was that search engines would ultimately be the greatest source of traffic (at least that is the case on my sites that do get traffic).

Were you assuming click-through traffic or SE traffic when you said that well-placed links would generate results immediately?

geddon
04-01-2005, 02:57 AM
Were you assuming click-through traffic or SE traffic when you said that well-placed links would generate results immediately?

I think he meant click-through traffic.

littlewhite
04-12-2005, 03:48 AM
3 months is definitely too short to see results.

Nikolas
06-15-2005, 02:41 AM
I saw some results in 3 months, but from other sites that I have I can say that you need about one year to see the real results.

Snowballer
07-01-2005, 06:22 AM
Depends on the search engine, could be a matter of weeks really.