PDA

View Full Version : what would you do with $1000?

clickers
03-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Hi guys,

first post here, looks like a lot of experienced publishers here, so looking forward to looking around. Anyway, on to the question..

I'm looking to promote my network of sites in the SERPS (twenty in all) and have allocated a budget of around $1000. The question is, how is the best way of spending this on getting results. One of the main problems I have is that its not one site, but many. They are inter-linked quite well and a couple are PR4/5 so pagerank is getting passed, but i'm still in two minds as to what to do next. Some options I thought of are:

- Buy one or two High PR backlinks and spread the PR
- Hire someone to do some linkbuilding
- Buy lots of cheap back links
- Purchase a few sites with PR and use these as 'sattelite' sites
- spend it all on web directory listings

What would others do if they had the money? Am i really going to see much difference in rankings spending this between so many sites?

thanks in advance :D

chromate
03-22-2005, 08:12 AM
It's difficult to tell without knowing what the sites are and how much revenue each one is generating. I think with $1000 I would personally just focus on 2 or 3 good performing sites rather than all 20.

I wouldn't buy high PR links because you don't know how long it's going to take before you notice the difference it makes. I think I would personally pay someone to build a site that I could confidently get PR for. Then send the PR from that site to my network of sites. I may also consider buying an existing site if I could see it had potential.

Probably wouldn't bother buying a directory listing unless it was a high return affiliate site or an ecommerce site. Again, it depends on what you sites are.

MarkB
03-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Spend time researching the best potential link partners that are relevant to your site, and then spend more time getting links from them (for free). Then spend a little bit of well-targetted/researched PPC.

Hold onto the rest of the money to see how the above pans out, then repeat. Don't go wasting money paying for links on sites. You don't know whether that site's PR is about to drop, or whether the webmaster may get bored and let the site stagnate or shut down. Too many invariables in my book (but I've always been against paid links, so...:))

Chris
03-22-2005, 09:40 AM
I would like into directory listings at Yahoo for what you consider to be the highest potential site. However, like Chromate alluded to, unless the site has high profit potential Yahoo listings aren't always worth it.

Cutter
03-22-2005, 09:00 PM
You can hire an outsourced SEO for a month from http://www.iwebmasters.com for about $1000. They basically build backlinks for you full time. I believe the service is targetted toward adult webmasters but it should work just the same for mainstream sites. Send them an e-mail asking about this.. By the way I am in no way affiliated with them.

playtunes
04-01-2005, 07:46 PM
:D :D :D

I will buy some lotto or some online gambling..

OR maybe donate is also a good idea. :cool:

Chris
04-01-2005, 09:07 PM
You can hire an outsourced SEO for a month from http://www.iwebmasters.com for about $1000. They basically build backlinks for you full time. I believe the service is targetted toward adult webmasters but it should work just the same for mainstream sites. Send them an e-mail asking about this.. By the way I am in no way affiliated with them.
Outsourcing that to a third party could end up with you getting blamed for spam.

Nikolas
06-15-2005, 02:46 AM
I would suggest to promote your best sites, using 80% of the budget for PPC and the rest for buying links. I recently found a service ( http://www.linkworth.com/ ) which seems to be ok, but I can not say more as I haven't use it.

What I would suggest you NOT to do is outsourcing this job, or buying "targeted visitors", popup traffic, etc. They seem to be so cheap, but they do not worth a dime.

chromate
06-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Not all sites are right for PPC advertising.

Generalissimo
06-15-2005, 09:36 AM
If it's your local sites do local adverts. Period.