PDA

View Full Version : Google's New Ad Links - Good or Bad?

Billyray
03-21-2005, 12:09 AM
What I would and I'm sure a lot of you would like to find out is ... are they worth putting on your site.

If you don't know -> Google has made available a new type of ad - simply a small block with a title "Ad Links by Google" and 4 or 5 links to a new page full of ads.

http://www.google.com/googleblog/2005/03/drilling-down-shows-up.html
or
https://www.google.com/adsense/adformats

If you wish to test their effectiveness don't forget to make a new channel.

I'm hoping you will share your findings (without breaking G's TOS of course). Thanks.

Any debate ie: 2 clicks to get paid etc welcomed or ideas for better implementation.

Chris
03-21-2005, 02:04 PM
If you could specify which words were used I think this would be a goldmine.

As it stands now its subject to the same limitations of normal adsense ads.

The only benefit I see to this would be easier incorporation into a menu to increase click throughs.

Yoda
03-22-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm thinking whatever benefit is to be had by making them look more like navigation links will be lost through the fact that it ultimately requires two clicks (assuming I've understood things correctly).

ggd
03-22-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm thinking whatever benefit is to be had by making them look more like navigation links will be lost through the fact that it ultimately requires two clicks (assuming I've understood things correctly).

I've found an increase in earnings, I guess because the ad's are more relevent.

Cutter
03-22-2005, 08:55 PM
I've tested them out on one of my sites so far. Very dissapointing results... however, I will be testing them out on my other sites in the upcoming months. This really isn't a question you can ask good or bad. Its a case-by-case thing.

James
03-23-2005, 01:58 AM
I don't much like the part about having 2 clicks to earn your cents.

chromate
03-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Well, the first click will almost certainly lead to another paying click I would have thought. I haven't tested them yet though.

moonshield
03-24-2005, 08:02 AM
I have not seen them on any sites yet, but I wish it was a one click deal. Like Chris said, if that were the case this new type of ad would indeed be a gold mine.