PDA

View Full Version : Google wire transfers?

moonshield
03-16-2005, 01:54 PM
For AdSense... Has anyone seen this/tried this yet? I may do it myself.

James
03-16-2005, 06:33 PM
No. I'd rather get a check in the mail, personally. But that's just because I'm less afraid of something going wrong--though I've heard bad things about the USPO

cameron
03-17-2005, 12:39 AM
I think I might try it out.

r2d2
03-17-2005, 01:48 AM
No. I'd rather get a check in the mail, personally. But that's just because I'm less afraid of something going wrong--though I've heard bad things about the USPO

I'd say theres more chance of something going wrong sending a bit of paper through the post. I'd think a wire transfer would be much safer.

MarkB
03-17-2005, 02:20 AM
Has anyone in the UK used this? What fees were charged against it by your bank?

chromate
03-17-2005, 04:46 AM
Mark, I would imagine just a small fee in terms of the exchange rate they give you. I think most banks charge a small USD cheque handling charge too. You'd probably avoid this with the transfer.

I'm with r2d2, I always get worried about those little paper cheques reaching me here all the way from the US. I've never had a cheque lost yet though. Quite impressive. Wire transfer would undoubtedly be safer though. I just don't like the way it says "beta" at the moment :) I think I'll wait until it comes out of beta.

moonshield
03-18-2005, 03:07 PM
yea, google is so funny with their betas. They are very safe about what they call a release version, even more so then Debian :)

jonnyhilfiger
03-20-2005, 05:48 AM
Has anyone in the UK used this? What fees were charged against it by your bank?

You shouldn't get charged anything. The conversion to GBP will be done at the Google end so all you will see is a deposit into your account of GBP. That's how it generally works and I can't see Google being any different.

It's the way to go I reckon and I've been waiting for it for ages, saves faffing around with dollar cheques.

The only downside to it I guess is if you are the sort of person that hangs around for better currency exchange rates.

It's a no brainer for me so signed up straight away.

John

r2d2
04-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Just got my first EFT payment by Google. No charges were listed, but the exchange rate came out at about 1.924 to the £, and BBC says its ~1.91 to the £ at the moment.

Very pleased, would recommend it.

jck2ho
05-19-2005, 06:30 PM
I have used adsense for 4 months, earning a few bucks, but still haven't received cheques from them.

r2d2
05-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Up to a hundred bucks yet?

cameron
05-20-2005, 08:41 AM
I think I'm going to switch to wire transfer for next month's payment. I'm moving, so I'd have to change my address anyway.

chromate
05-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I think I'm gonna switch over to wire transfer as it seems to be working fine for those people already using it. Cheques seem to take about a week extra to arrive now than they used to.