PDA

View Full Version : yourwidget.net or mywidget.net ??

Torito
03-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Hi everybody, my first post after lurking around for a while, BTW you make me laugh, you are a funny lot! :D

Which one would you go for?

-yourwidget.net
-mywidget.net

thanx

Chris
03-09-2005, 01:49 PM
My gets you ranked higher alphabetically, have you considered 4widget?

Torito
03-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Hi Chris, congrats for the website.
Yes, but I am between these two. Would you advise buying both and maybe redirecting one of them? Does Google have any problem with that?

Blue Cat Buxton
03-09-2005, 03:36 PM
I would concentrate on one, (assuming neither my or your is a keyword).
Make a choice and get on with promoting it!

Welcome, BTW

James
03-09-2005, 05:27 PM
You could buy them both and create a site at each, and promote them equally. Then if you feel like it, sell the one that gives you less money.

chromate
03-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Definitely just go with one of them, unless the content for each domain will be different. I would personally go with "mywidget" as it sounds more personal. Slightly better for repeat visitors. Depends on the type of site though.

Torito
03-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Thanx for your replies. I like the idea of making two sites with slightly different content and see what happens. I agree with Chromate and I would personally go for "my", but I was thinking in what is better from a marketing point of view.

For what I've heard 'you', 'your' and phrases like "you are going to increase.." "your sales..", "you will benefit from.." are recommended as oppose to "our company/site.." "we are going..". But I'm not a marketing expert so maybe you have a different argument. Or maybe this is not so true for domain names.

theforumguy
03-28-2005, 01:45 AM
there a lot more domains out there just got this domain name:

Multi Domain Web hosting (http://www.multidomainwebhosting.com)

it really worked I stared getting traffic and got really great I decided to place some ads. Did I get lucky or is this the same for similar key word rich domains?