PDA

View Full Version : email productivity

mark1345
03-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Hi,

For those who have lots of site, do you build your own email server on your dedicated server or just use an email provider such as mailsnare.net? Do you use ONE email for all of your domains? How do you improve your email productivity?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Joachim
03-09-2005, 01:51 AM
I try to limit myself because I know it will get messy otherwise.

For all my sites I create nothing but
aliases that get forwarded to my ISP's email.

Which on turn are downloaded by my linux box and get filtered / categorized.

Pretty simple but very productive (imo).

Joachim

moonshield
03-09-2005, 05:43 AM
yea using redirects is a must, or just have a few accounts.

Chris
03-09-2005, 07:33 AM
I just use a few accounts, I'd never use a free email account as my main one though. If you have hosting you can easily provide your own email that'll look more professional.

r2d2
03-09-2005, 11:35 AM
I have my domains setup so pretty much everything is forwarded to my main email, then I have a few others. Outlook collects them all and puts them in the correct folder.

mark1345
03-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Thank you all!

Xander
03-13-2005, 12:44 PM
I have a few different email addresses and then use a few more aliases/redirects. The only problem I have is when I want to actually reply to an email that I have set up as an alias/redirect.

Torito
03-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Same problem here Xander. I'm sure there has to be a better way to do it and increase email productivity, maybe some profesional software or something :rolleyes:

mark1345
03-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Same problem here Xander. I'm sure there has to be a better way to do it and increase email productivity, maybe some profesional software or something :rolleyes:

Torito, which software do you use to increase email productivity?

Joachim
03-14-2005, 02:32 AM
Spamassasin is what I use to increase productivity :mad:

Torito
03-14-2005, 05:55 AM
None, that's why I say there has to be something better than redirecting cause I have the same problem as Xander when replying mails. I use Outlook Express but I've seen somewhere somebody mentioning The Bat! anyone have references for it or any other pro software?

r2d2
03-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Outlook allows you to manage multiple email addresses, then when you send an email, you can choose which email address it goes from.

You can also setup rules to automatically sort emails into the appropriate folder when they are received, depending on various things such as which email address they came to, who they came from etc. I have rules to put Adsense, AWS, affiliate window etc emails into their own folder automatically as well as rules for all my sites own folders.

I would imagine you could do the same with Thunderbird (Firefox's equivalent for emails) for a cheaper (free) option.