PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Channels or anything like them?

James
03-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Well, I really like Google Adsense 's channels becasue it lets me know where my revenue is flowing from.

Is there anything like that for the Amazon Associate Program?
Thanks.

moonshield
03-03-2005, 01:42 PM
doesn't it tell you in your stats where your links and impressions are coming from?

Chris
03-03-2005, 05:29 PM
You can do this, but its not as easy as it is with Google. I think you have to email them to request the ids.

James
03-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks, Chris. I was hoping that there'd be a really quick and simple way that I could just filter the clicks and such using without actually having to change any of the links; just being able to split up clicks based on the URL they were referred from.

Nintendo
03-05-2005, 06:08 PM
E-Mail them asking for 50 tracking IDs.

James
03-05-2005, 07:38 PM
50?

Why 50?

mails
03-06-2005, 01:09 PM
E-Mail them asking for 50 tracking IDs.

Or ask them for even more...

Blue Cat Buxton
03-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Its still not as easy as Google though :(

James
03-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Precisely why I'm going to contact them asking about whether or not they'll be offering something that could just allow you to see the referrals based on domain, then if you click the domain name, or something, allow you to see per page on the domain.

I'd prefer not to have to go in and edit the code of the current AWS script I'm using.

Nintendo
03-07-2005, 03:43 AM
50?

Why 50?

So you don't have to ask for more for a long time! I currently use 61 with 14 left before I'll have to ask for more, if I ever use those 14 up.

Per domain wouldn't be good enough. I got many IDs on the same domain *Think MrRats script, 14 right there.* It would be nice if all we had to do was just add the number in the affiliate ID code to have it show up as a tracking ID.

James
03-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I'm not a "Let's make as many poor quality AWS sites that are just Mr Rat's script thrown on a poor quality domain name and linked to in my signature like a large percentage of AWS site owners" kinda guy.

chrispian
03-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I'm not a "Let's make as many poor quality AWS sites that are just Mr Rat's script thrown on a poor quality domain name and linked to in my signature like a large percentage of AWS site owners" kinda guy.

But you could use them to track the location of your amazon links. Like use one tracking id for content based links, another for image based links and another for email based links. 5 sites * 5 types of l inks = 25 tracking ID's. I like to find out the best methods that convert and to do that I need tracking.

moonshield
03-07-2005, 02:10 PM

:D :D :D :D :D Nor am i

Nintendo
03-07-2005, 08:35 PM

And what do you call http://buy-video-games.net/ Yah, another UGLY AWS site. Hypocrite. :D *Is tempted to run off and make more pretty AWS sites!!*

James
03-07-2005, 09:41 PM
I call that more work than you've put into any of your AWS sites. You don't realize that behind that site is some work just ridding the design of those horrid little tables, and taking the design and making it valid XHTML. Throwing up Mr. Rat's script and getting mod_rewrite implimented (including getting someone to program it) takes quite a bit less time.

I am going to redesign the site, though. It'll look substantially better.

Nintendo
03-08-2005, 02:43 AM
Now if the sites never generated sales, then I MIGHT of worked a little harder with them. It's a little hard not to spend a lot of time on them when you can simply upload a bunch of files, give them a few back links, aka 1, 2, 3... signitures, and BANG! They generate orders!!!!!

Your store does have a much better layout than mine! Heck, ALL other AWS sites do!!! I'm the reason they invented the word 'ugly'. Throw ads up all around the store and bang, you got a store!!!!

Build it and they will come!! :D:D:D

James
03-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Now, the quick and simple point of Scriv's article focusing on you was that you could be making more money if you didn't just use the default layout.

moonshield
03-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Your store does have a much better layout than mine!

What are you, drunk!!!!! :D

James
03-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Gee!! Tat waznt vary nise!!

Nintendo
03-08-2005, 07:54 PM
What are you, drunk!!!!! :D

Maybe you should look at one one my AWS sites some day. Then you'll see that they are UGLY!!!! You have to be drunk for thinking they arn't ugly!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

James
03-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Fur th0ze that dont kno why Nitendo is zaying all hiz sites are uglay h3rez teh link!! :D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D
http://workboxers.com/web_tips/selling_through_design.php

ordinary_guy
03-09-2005, 12:08 AM
this is a nice discussion with amazon, i think I'll follow both techniques. Have a nice template and build as many sites. Link them all together as visitors will come.

Guys you are great both Nintendo and James.