PDA

View Full Version : Got my first cheque from google!

aj8
03-01-2005, 04:20 AM
Woo! I got my first cheque from Google today! As yet I haven't managed to set up a dollar account.. But now this has kind of forced the issue :)

Thanks to those who helped / suggested I give Adsense a go. You know who you are..

A.

Blue Cat Buxton
03-01-2005, 05:03 AM
Congrats!

Most UK banks will cash $ cheques (for an exchange fee) if you need to avoid setting up a seperate bank

Joachim
03-01-2005, 06:46 AM
Congrats aj8!

While i'm not in the UK I opened a dollar account for free at my bank.

Just be sure that they let you know of any possible costs involved regarding
cashing the checks !

I've had my share of horror stories + $120 just to cash a single cheque where as they charged $15 previously.

*sigh*

Mike
03-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Just got my check for January today :)

chromate
03-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Me too. Anyone from the UK got their fastclick cheque yet? I normally consistently get it on the 24th / 25th, but haven't received it this month.

Congrats aj8 :) Let's hope they get bigger each month.

aj8
03-01-2005, 11:46 AM
:o) Haha... I'd actually be moderately happy for them to stay at this level. Unfortunately that's not going to happen because one of the sites I'm running adsense on is not strictly mine (i had permission to run my own banners for a trial of course), and I will be losing it in probably less than a month.. Time to get cracking trying to push traffic to some other projects methinks..

FYI the bank I am using for my normal UK£ accounts is the Bank of Scotland, now owned by Halifax... They seem very good. I am doing this online publishing under a separate limited company, so my natural instinct was to open new accounts (in £ and US$) with them.. Now you mention it though I will read the smallprint.

Going back to the original topic, I quite like the idea of keeping the money in dollars until the exchange rates improve. THEN doing the transfer. This isn't (and tbqh probably never will be) my main source of income, so I am luckily able to leave money where I can't actually use it for periods of time, gambling that doing so might result in a higher 'take' eventually.

Perhaps a cr%p strategy.. Perhaps not. Plus I just like the idea of having a foreign currency account :-) <g> I don't think clearances are any quicker..

A.

r2d2
03-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Just got my Adsense cheque as well. Been putting it of for months waiting for the exchange rate too improve, but figured I might as well tell them to send it as I dont like having it all still in my account when you hear of random closing of accounts...

Going back to the original topic, I quite like the idea of keeping the money in dollars until the exchange rates improve. THEN doing the transfer. This isn't (and tbqh probably never will be) my main source of income, so I am luckily able to leave money where I can't actually use it for periods of time, gambling that doing so might result in a higher 'take' eventually.

Perhaps a cr%p strategy.. Perhaps not. Plus I just like the idea of having a foreign currency account :-) <g> I don't think clearances are any quicker..

I was thinking the same thing :)

I ate the lotus
03-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Me too. Anyone from the UK got their fastclick cheque yet? I normally consistently get it on the 24th / 25th, but haven't received it this month.

Congrats aj8 :) Let's hope they get bigger each month.

I got my fastclick paypal, but it was late because of Presidents day I am told...

I got my adsense cheque today too, biggest one yet :cool:

yellowbell
07-21-2005, 03:26 AM
Woo! I got my first cheque from Google today! As yet I haven't managed to set up a dollar account.. But now this has kind of forced the issue :)

Thanks to those who helped / suggested I give Adsense a go. You know who you are..

A.

Can anybody expalin just what Adsense is all about? :confused:

Social Security Attorney ( http://www.*************************.com)

chromate
07-21-2005, 03:36 AM
AdSense displays text ads on your site, automatically targeted to your content. Each time someone clicks on an ad, you earn some money.

cyberbjorne
09-21-2005, 03:54 AM
i have tried Adsense too..its really good!

snowstar
09-25-2005, 07:39 AM
It the check big enough?

jonnyhilfiger
09-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Fastclick and Adsense payments arrived safely (as always) but then I have the payments paid direct to Paypal (FC) and to the bank (Google) and the exchange rate is taken care of. Unless you are talking about big sums of money then I can't see the point in holding out for a better exchange rate, get it cashed and get it working for you.

John