PDA

View Full Version : Great Big Blog

James
02-28-2005, 07:43 PM
http://greatbigblog.com

The staff of the site can't really find any problems with the layout, atm. But I figure their point of view is likely to be biased, so I decided to post here to see what you all think. Please provide a little constructive critisism for the site, and its design.

Thanks. :)

moonshield
02-28-2005, 08:16 PM
nice interface, nice design. Did you make this site, it is quite large and good for a blog. Even though I don't really care for most blogs, this blog has enough content to make it interesting. As for downsides, it may be a little to big, broad. Maybe a focus would be a good idea, but with that volume of content you probably need not worry.

Mike
03-01-2005, 01:13 AM
I really like it, a bit different from most blog sites.

However, I would try and make the date have a bit more of a gap with the first headline. Might unclutter it a little more.

r2d2
03-01-2005, 01:59 AM
The light blue and light grey on a white background in the bottom half of the page are quite hard to read. The blue and green at the top dont quite seem to match, looks a bit garish. All IMHO.

Have you just bought the site or something?

MarkB
03-01-2005, 06:09 AM
Nice :) I would increase spacing between blocks of text a bit more - right now it seems a bit bunched up.

chrispian
03-01-2005, 09:03 AM
The light blue and light grey on a white background in the bottom half of the page are quite hard to read. The blue and green at the top dont quite seem to match, looks a bit garish. All IMHO.

Have you just bought the site or something?

Agreed. I love the colors, but it is too bright and too vibrant. It physically hurts my eyes to look at. I'm not saying I don't like it,becase I love the colors. It's just too bright. Something (perhaps a darker background outside the main blog area?) needs dampen how much light is projected from the screen to make it easier to read.

ozgression
03-01-2005, 11:59 PM
The design is good. You just need to re-arrange the text a little bit.

James
03-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi, actually this site has been around since mid-November, and the idea finally hit (yeah, I'm slow ;)) to put it up for review.

The backend of the site was done by Nathan Wong, along with the idea for the site as well. I just did the design, and like to hear objective views about my designs, so that's why I posted this thread. Oh, we both also help run it along with a 2-3 person staff.

Thanks everybody, I think I understand what you're all saying: less brightness, more spacing, easier readability.