PDA

View Full Version : Casale Media Review

Chris
02-20-2005, 08:29 AM
Casale Media is a relative newcomer in the Internet Advertising world, but they have gained ground quickly and have been implemented by many webmasters. Typically they aren’t a first tier provider, unless you cannot be accepted into one of the other networks, but as a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th tier provider they are excellent.

All told Casale Media is most similar to Fastclick than any other ad network. The quality and type of ads are similar (mostly general audience, rarely anything targeted). Their stat reporting is similar, and like Fastclick they also have frequency caps for popunders starting at 12 hours. They also both are able to break through many popup blockers which will can increase your earnings dramatically when compared to a network who is unable to do so.

Casale isn’t identical to Fastclick though. For one, they don’t list CPC rates. If a campaign is CPC they list the average CPM and then your eCPM (effective CPM) for that campaign. This in my opinion is a good way to do things as it shows you which CPC campaigns actually perform. In the first part of 2005 Casale's rates have been improving while Fastclick's have been declining, as such I now recommend Casale over Fastclick as a first tier provider if you're a member of both.

As far as reporting goes, its good and very similar to Fastclick, of the other networks reviewed here I would give Casale media the #2 position, just barely behind Fastclick, in stat reporting. There are just small counter intuitive aspects to their backend. For instance they use the word “on” to denote ad blocking. The question is, with “on” checked, does that mean blocking is “on” or that the content group is “on” and will be showed? The latter is correct. At first glance it looks like Fastclick’s interface, but it’s can be deceptively complicated until you get used to it.

Casale pays on time with net 30 terms and requires a low 10,000 impressions per month to join. Their 30% commission is pretty much industry leading as well, no other major ad network gives you so large a cut as 70%.

I have to recommend Casale to all publishers, because you can always use another tier in your daisy chain of ad networks, and if you're using Fastclick as your #1 right now you'll likely make more money with Casale instead.

Click here (http://www.websitepublisher.net/scripts/out.php?LinkID=93) to visit Casale Media. If you found this review helpful the referral ID for Website Publisher is 104265.

Review originally posted here (http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/casale-media-review/).

Mike
02-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Glad you wrote a review Chris, I'm thinking of putting Casale ads on my game site soon.

Westech
02-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Go for it Mike! Casale is kicking butt on my game site.

Chris
02-20-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm going to move them up a tier I think. My income so far this month is double last month, mostly due to banners, and FC banners are sucking right about now.

I ate the lotus
02-20-2005, 10:42 AM
I also recently moved them above fastclick for on-page adverts. I've heard people have got better rates for their popups than fastclick offers, however I find them to be around 50 cents lower. Hopefully fastclick will realise they are losing their position and get higher CPMs by doing more sales work, I'm sure they could get car companies and drinks companies, for instance, to do video ads.

Mike
02-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Go for it Mike! Casale is kicking butt on my game site.

Hehe... I've still got to put any ads on, so it could be a month or two til' Casale appear.

Emancipator
02-20-2005, 01:54 PM
i can vouch for the fact westech has been making a pile off casalemedia. Thanks to him I am now making money off referrals. Thanks Wes!

Casale is excellent pay on time and have a very nice cpm.

chromate
02-20-2005, 04:16 PM
To those of you already using Casale, what kind of eCPMs are you getting for banners? I'm getting $0.48 with fastclick right now.

I'm tempted to run Casale as a 2nd or possibly 1st tier for banners in place of Burst. I'm totally fed up with Burst's archaic reporting and interfaces.

chrispian
02-20-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm extremly pleased with Casale. You can set your watch by their payouts, which is usually a very good indicator of how a company does business. They have their stuff together.

Shawn
02-20-2005, 05:07 PM
What the hell is this Casale crap?

moonshield
02-20-2005, 06:30 PM
What the hell is this Casale crap?

lol that is hillarious

chromate
02-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Is there any way to enable / disable specific banners with casale, like you can with fastclick?

ogito
02-22-2005, 01:34 PM
chromate, unfortunately no :( I like the interface of the fastclick, but Casale has better eCPM for me

chrispian
02-22-2005, 02:18 PM
You can block types of ads though, like tobacco, gambling etc. Not quite as good as FC, but you can at least control it some.

chromate
02-22-2005, 04:03 PM
ah right. Yeah, I've run some banners and the casale cpm is stunning! I'm gonna make them my first tier.

Westech
02-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Chromate: If you want to disable a specific ad that's showing on your site, click on view/block campaigns, select the ad format of the unwanted ad, then click go. You'll see a list of all the ads of that format that are showing on your site. Uncheck the ones you don't want to show and then click on the update button below the ad listings.

chromate
02-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Ah thanks westech. I was sure I tried that before. Obviously not :)

I'm REALLY starting to like casale.

johnn
03-02-2005, 10:04 PM
I have a site with content on Early American History. Currently, I have 110,700 visitor sessions a month. I'm making peanuts with adsense (no other ads), collecting few cents a day. How much a month would I get with casel? Or How much a site similar to mine gets?

Thanks,
John

ozgression
03-02-2005, 10:08 PM
There is no exact answer to that question. The best way to find out is to sign-up and test them. ;)

If you aren't making anything currently, than you have nothing to lose.

moonshield
03-03-2005, 01:45 PM
I have a site with content on Early American History. Currently, I have 110,700 visitor sessions a month. I'm making peanuts with Adsense (no other ads), collecting few cents a day. How much a month would I get with casel? Or How much a site similar to mine get.

You may want to try Searchfeed.

Chris
03-03-2005, 05:28 PM
You'll likely make more with casale than adsense. Try also implementing different adsense creatives (like a box inside your content).

Emancipator
03-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Johnn with CAsale you will do MUCH better then adsense.

johnn
03-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks so much. The results have been FANTASTICS AND INCREDIBLE since I used casale ad about 12 hours ago. The only think I don't like its ads like gamings and gamblings and spyware - they are very unprofessional - just think a pop that says your pc has virus - such a lie! to scare people. But if I disable them, then I'll be a poor guy. It's kinda catch-22.

Before I had an attitude that pop under was not good for users, and I believed in adsense - all that costs me probably thousands of dollars that this site can bring in so far...

Chris
07-03-2005, 07:25 AM
Review updated to reflect Casale's rates being better than Fastclick

James
07-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Woah.
I think I might switch to them for my site, CheatFire.
CPC with gaming sites isn't too great, but 20k visitors monthly should be able to get me more money through CPM.

deronsizemore
09-21-2005, 07:30 AM
Typically they aren’t a first tier provider, unless you cannot be accepted into one of the other networks, but as a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th tier provider they are excellent.

What does that this "tier" talk mean?

Chris
09-21-2005, 07:39 AM
Normally a webmaster uses more than one adnetwork. The first one is the first tier, the defaults from the first tier get sent to the second tier, etc down the line.

An article explaining chaining adnetworks more in detail is on my list of things to do.

James
09-21-2005, 07:41 AM
It means that you're able to refer people to them, and earn a % of whatever they earn--not to say that your referrals lose any money they wouldn't have anyways.

deronsizemore
09-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Normally a webmaster uses more than one adnetwork. The first one is the first tier, the defaults from the first tier get sent to the second tier, etc down the line.

An article explaining chaining adnetworks more in detail is on my list of things to do.

So "first one" as in first one displayed on my site, "first one" as in first in money earnings, or just "first one" that I started using regardless of money or where its located? Sorry this may be a really dumb question.

Chris
09-22-2005, 05:25 AM
The first one displayed is usually the same as "first in money earnings" and is usually your first tier.

You want to give whoever pays you the most the first crack at your traffic, so you use them as your first tier.

arifagic
09-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Great Review, and information Chris!

I just joind this forum, cause of the reviews, great content and reading!

Great Board to, happy to be here!

Have few quastions dòa?

Im correctly running Gooogle Adsense on my Flash / Arcade Game site and im not making much money with it, do you think Casale wood approve a site such as mine?

www.sharingcity.com - ?

Or witch other Publisher Network could i use? The site is fairly new it has about 500Unique Per day.. !
Thank You!

Chris
09-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Without looking I'd guess so. Adsense likely isn't going to perform well with your audience.

dgaranin
11-09-2005, 01:39 AM
Hi all,

Thank you for mentioning Casale, I think this is optimal for me. Similarly to other reports, I can confirm that Google's Adsense does not perform well for my site where visitors are not willing to buy anything.

My site has been just approved with Casale and I am experimenting with it. I need help since I would like to pick either Adsense or Casale banners in a random way, so that I could control their fractions. I am using PHP without being a prominent expert in it. My idea was to define ad codes as strings and then operate with them. It works with the Adsense code but, unfortunately, does not work with the Casale code. The problem is that the latter contains both kinds of quotes, '......' and "......." and it seems that PHP does not have a third kind of quotes or other tools to define the whole as a string with strings inside.

Anyone has an idea of how PHP operations with the Casale code could be done?

Thank you,

Dmitry

Westech
11-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Put a backslash ( \ ) before each double quote you use in your string to escape it. For example:

$mystring = "This is a \"string\" with \"quotes\" in it.";
echo $mystring;

The output would be:

This is a "string" with "quotes" in it.

dgaranin
11-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Thank you! I actually tried it yesterday, along with many other methods, but it did not work. I will do further experiments. BTW this means modifying the adcode that is, in principle, not allowed. What has to be escaped is

language = "Javascript"

Best,

Dmitry

dgaranin
11-09-2005, 09:52 AM
I went to Casale and signed uo following the link at the end of Chris' review. I wonder if I did it right so that Chris recieved a referral bonus. His review was helpful, indeed, and Casale seems to be what I was looking for, and it accepts personal web sites, unlike most of other advertizing networks.

Best,

Dmitry

Chris
11-09-2005, 09:58 AM
I probably did.

Westech
11-09-2005, 10:39 AM
BTW this means modifying the adcode that is, in principle, not allowed.

You're not allowed to modify the adcode that appears in your webpage when users load it. If you do this right then the ad code that is output into your final webpage by php will be the exact unmodified ad code that Casale provided to you, so it won't be a problem.

dgaranin
11-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Yes, escaping works, thanks! Yesterday I haven't noticed all instances of this. Now I am serving Adsense and Casale ads randomly with probabilities 50-50. I'll see what is more efficient.

Best,

Dmitry