PDA

View Full Version : search engines catching faster?

darker
02-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Released a new site, and 24 hours after linking to it from my sites it was listed in google, yahoo and even got search results from wanadoo. So, pure luck or are Y&G crawling new sites alot faster now?

davesplace1
02-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Hey that sounds good, Google seems to crawl my new sites right away, but then drop the listing for a couple of monthes.

chromate
02-19-2005, 05:53 PM
I get new sites crawled extremely fast. The problem is getting it listed in the SERPs.

ogito
02-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Yes, I noticed the same with my new site...

moonshield
02-19-2005, 07:31 PM
yes that is the issue. How long does it usually take?

darker
02-19-2005, 08:21 PM
hard to say, but.. I've had sites waiting for 1-2 weeks before getting listed. Still, It would be cool to see if the reason is that I linked to these new sites from heavy trafficked old ones, or if this happens in general to all new sites with decent linking.

ordinary_guy
02-20-2005, 08:33 PM
My new site has been indexed by google recently, it has now presense. PR update anyone ?

Thanks google for the hits.

chromate
02-21-2005, 04:09 AM
I think it's tied to how competitive the term is. My zone diet site hasn't been indexed anywhere on Google despite it being months old.

ASP-Hosting.ca
02-21-2005, 10:30 AM
I think it's tied to how competitive the term is. My zone diet site hasn't been indexed anywhere on Google despite it being months old.

Your site has been indexed in google. Search for "The Zone Diet was developed by Dr Sears and is, not surprisingly, based around what is", which is part of your first home page paragraph and you'll see.

chromate
02-21-2005, 10:34 AM
I meant for keywords that people actually use. It's the competitive keywords that site's seem to get sandboxed for.

darker
02-21-2005, 10:53 AM
at least msn doesn't sandbox. Using one of my sites with about 30000 indexed pages I was able to fly straight to #3 for prescription drug information. Will it last? Doubtful, still.. might generate some income while it lasts :)

topcat
02-23-2005, 05:41 AM
so does anyone know how long the sandbox should last for??

My Dr. Phil site's being around for 5 months now, its at no. 2 for "Robin McGraw" and some other terms but still isn't listed at all for Dr. Phil Diet? :mad:

I'm thinking that maybe there's already enough sites and therefore google arn't going to accept anymore....

LazyCat
02-23-2005, 07:15 AM
I have a site that went #2 in 24 hours - but the keyword was New Thought Music - not very commercial. The Google universe at the time waas 16,800,000 sites. For whatever reason this site just dropped two days ago to #3! This morning it's #1!

My other site LazyCats is #2 with the same keyword and it's been moving around on gooooooogle from #4 this laast week.

Kooky. Becuase I'm not doing anything different apart from a weekly text spin and I actually do add new real content - usually on other pages but with a link to the home page.

-----------------> Sandbox? I believe it exists and I think you guys are on the right track with the idea being that the sand gets deeper based on the keyword(s).

darker
02-23-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm curious to how long msn will let people still rankings as they do now. I'm able to get #5 rankings to most keywords. Would have made me alot of cash if it wasn't for the fact that msn have about 30% of the traffic google has (not sure about that, but that's my feeling)

aj8
02-24-2005, 09:34 AM
I noticed a friend's site getting indexed by google within a week... This is without any sites linking to it.. Perhaps they got the message that people were getting fed up waiting for an index to happen. Good anyway!

Alex.

chromate
02-24-2005, 12:55 PM
What's the site? Did it get listed on anything competitive?

aj8
02-25-2005, 03:58 AM
not really... she also took google adwords advertising at the same time.. I wonder if google index sites that pay them some money via that route more quickly?

James
02-25-2005, 08:50 AM
I wonder if google index sites that pay them some money via that route more quickly?
No, they don't.

aj8
02-25-2005, 11:29 AM
If you add google adsense to a site, AND a google sitesearch, do google index your site more quickly to make your sitesearch actually work? (fairly obviously if your site is not on google a sitesearch is utterly pointless)...

See, i would think it logical for them to index sites running a sitesearch on their pages more quickly... But ... It'd be an obvious way of getting on google quicker if they did, which makes me think they probably don't!

A.