PDA

View Full Version : Need animation ideas!

Westech
02-17-2005, 02:43 PM
I plan to have some games developed soon for my flash games site, and I'm having a short animated sequence made to use as an intro screen for each game. It's going to be about 10 seconds long, and will be based on one of the variations of my logo below. I'm thinking along the lines of the monkey winking or growling or something, possibly some text effects, and then fade out the logo.

I'm hoping that some of you will have some suggestions and ideas about which logo to use and what should happen in the animation. Fire away, I need some ideas!

Available logos to be animated:
http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/logos/cmg1.gif
http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/logos/cmg2.gif
http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/logos/cmg3.gif

moonshield
02-17-2005, 03:12 PM
maybe the monkey should not look so mean looking. but the graphics look nice. Make him a little more friendly and winking.

thebillionaire
02-17-2005, 08:03 PM
I have done alot of work with flash sites, in making games ands intros, you should not concetrate on the money, just make him popin from the circle by using simple mask's. However the websites url is the most important thing, make the viwers pay attention to the url not as much to the money, in the 10 sec. that intro will come on ppl will prob. look more at the monkey than the url, so in that 10 sec, make a 2 sec monkey animation, and leave it so the viewers can concentrate more on other things, ie. your url. Ask me if you need more help.

Blue Cat Buxton
02-18-2005, 02:08 AM
10 seconds sounds like a looooong time for an intro, or is this about standard for flash games?

And I agree he does look like one mean monkey!

Westech
02-18-2005, 09:50 AM
thebillionaire, thanks for the tips. That's a really good idea to emphasize the url instead of the monkey.

As for the intro length, I don't know. I went back and forth trying to decide between 5 and 10 seconds, but in the end I decided that I'll be paying good money to have these games developed and I want to make sure that people see my logo at the beginning.

Any more ideas about what the monkey should do besides growling or winking? Any ideas about what text effects to use?

Blue Cat Buxton
02-18-2005, 10:28 AM
How about getting it to open its mouth and stick its tounge out ;) that would be unexpected / memorable / humerous too boot

Although I agree it looks like it is about to wink

thebillionaire
02-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Make you url pop in, and if you can hire one of those speec ppl with good voices, to say your url, thats what freeonlinegames does. also, its more about the game, if your game sucks ppl will get a bad imperession of your logo, when they see it. I have seen to many sites making crappy games, thinking they are promoting there sites when the user is getting a message that (this logo/site = crappy games). Just have the text fall in or come out in an alpha state.

thebillionaire
02-18-2005, 01:46 PM
for length dont go over 5 seconds, people hate waiting, and after waiting for the game to load they will get annoyed if they have to wait for your logo.

topcat
02-18-2005, 03:17 PM
aaagh....as you say, that is one crazy monkey! :D

I agree, I think 10 seconds to too long. From a user perspective, 5 is probably the most I would wait before getting impatient...

My son likes Monkey number 1! Even though, all the monkeys look like they may eat small children....

..I like the monkey, nice site!