PDA

View Full Version : tech job site.. no jobs

darker
02-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Ok, I run http://www.itech-jobs.com , and it's getting some fair amount of traffic (mostly from msn. #1 at msn for "tech jobs"). problem is: we've only got one job and it seems most visitors are looking for a job, not for employees. anyone have any suggestions for how to attract companies aswell?
it's free to post jobs etc.

Chris
02-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Consider relisting job postings from other sites (not sure the legality of this though).

You could even consider getting a partnership with a newspaper to relist their classifieds.

If there are job fairs or whatnot in your area, attend and pass out cards.

Usually companies pay to list jobs, by offering it for free you should be able to get many listings, you just need to get the word out.

darker
02-17-2005, 01:42 PM
I've seen cases where people relisting has been sent some pretty angry letters. But, contacting some newspapers might be a good idea, a partnership could be a great idea.

I can't do locals, as I live in norway, where people usually talk norwegian, and the site is aimed at the US :) There are so many more of you guys and so few of us :)

ozgression
02-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Advertise on business & IT websites.

darker
02-17-2005, 02:15 PM
relying on search engines, no budget for advertising. this is meant as a free site, no expected income the next 12 months+

moonshield
02-17-2005, 03:10 PM
by doing so you are greatly reducing your chance for success (by being adverse to advertising).

The site you are trying to do requires some initial investment as you have great competition from monster and other such sites. Relying on SE will be quite difficult.

You best start calling businesses.

It can still be done though, good luck.

darker
02-17-2005, 04:56 PM
maybe you're right. but, as said I can't really contact any companies, as that would be to expensive. So, better find some way to capture these online.. maybe just visiting monster, dice etc. searching for tech jobs, and email those offering jobs..?

GTech
02-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Find some human resources sites/forums and start posting with a link in your signature. Messages not necessarily "hey, come look at my site" but response and being helpful. Give the image you are there to help and be a part without spamming your service.

Lots of people do this on forums to get their service known.