PDA

View Full Version : 24 realtime statistics

fritz
02-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Hi there,

Has anyone here experiences with 24 Realtime Statistics (http://www.rtstats.co.uk), a free tracker? I'm currently developping a new site and found this tracker.

Thanks,
Fritz

moonshield
02-15-2005, 01:26 PM
never heard of them, but I do not like most of these free stats things.

number7
03-04-2005, 02:39 PM
never heard of them, but I do not like most of these free stats things.

Know nothing about them. And at the first look they are not a serious company....

Why don't you like stats things poorman ? :)

moonshield
03-04-2005, 06:08 PM
i find server side statistcs to be far better and not have that annoying little logo.

James
03-05-2005, 01:27 AM
I agree. Though, a lot of people like extreme-dm.

number7
03-05-2005, 05:40 AM
i find server side statistcs to be far better and not have that annoying little logo.

Well... that's right about logo you said (you can hide with a monthly fee I think... :D ). But server stats are not quite accurate cos it's based on IP not on Visitor PC itself... Or I'm wrong ?

moonshield
03-05-2005, 07:38 AM
well it matters what package you have and how you have it set up.

Software like Urchin is awesome.

darker
03-05-2005, 09:32 AM
I actually run one of these services, www.stat-counter.com . Alot of people use it, but It can't compare to axs /awstats etc. Nice for those using free hosting services with no stats etc.

moonshield
03-05-2005, 05:55 PM
how is that service doing?

darker
03-06-2005, 07:20 AM
it's really not doing much as I hardly promote it. One signup /day and probably like 0.50$/day in adsense earnings.

number7
03-07-2005, 04:08 AM
it's really not doing much as I hardly promote it. One signup /day and probably like 0.50$/day in adsense earnings.

I found you are using
http://www.relmaxtop.com

I looked at www.stat-counter.com. Not very interesting about serious stats... :)

btw: Urchin is fine, but costs fine too.. :)

Blue Cat Buxton
03-07-2005, 04:25 AM
I get urchin free with some of the hosting packages I have and it is good, but at the end of the day awstats and webaliser on cpanel do the job just as well, and mean I dont spend so much time looking at stats figures.

What I would find really useful is a package that could simply report on a number of sites together (ie all sites listed on one page with daily/monthly stats listed next to each other and then the ability to drill down firther into each site as and when needed)

darker
03-07-2005, 06:56 AM
I found you are using
http://www.relmaxtop.com

I looked at www.stat-counter.com. Not very interesting about serious stats... :)

btw: Urchin is fine, but costs fine too.. :)

Using relmax for Pagerank reasons, easy way to get new sites listed :) and I agree, the script is not for serious webmasters.

moonshield
03-07-2005, 02:16 PM
hey, but if it makes some money, well then.... it's all all good.

Chris
03-07-2005, 03:10 PM
I dislike how AWS stats (or urchin for that matter) won't give you enough SE details.

For instance they'll show you a graph of major search engines and how much traffic they send you. They'll also show you which keywords are being used to find your site.

They won't show you which keywords are used to find which pages. Which keywords are from which search engines and which page in the SERPs.

AXS, which I mostly use, lets me see the raw URL of every referral I have, so I can look and the query string of these Google/Yahoo referrers and see which term I'm ranking for and on which page. The URL is also clickable so I can pull up the page easily and see exactly what my listing looks like.

Its such a simple feature, but its something that really really really annoys me about Urchin & AWS.

Or do I just not know how to get to this information with those programs?

moonshield
03-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Indeed, I have always wondered why myself. To see those I just look in my raw logs, but that is a pain.

darker
03-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I've become addicted to axs's "Graph only hits from yesterday and today, or specify:" function.

number7
03-08-2005, 12:57 AM
By The Way:

What you think about these traffic flow stats when you see how traffic flows through your web page ? Do you find them usefull ?

Blue Cat Buxton
03-08-2005, 03:47 AM
Chirs, you are right, Urchin does not have these features, or aws for that matter.

But then I never got to grips with AXS. I might look at it again.

Chris
03-08-2005, 07:25 AM
I could see traffic flow being useful for a very very small site. But with a site like my literature site, with 30,000 pages, it won't be.

moonshield
03-08-2005, 09:44 AM
traffic flow? What is that?

Westech
03-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Traffic flow stats show you what path visitors take through your site. For example, you might be able to see that a visitor first arrives at the homepage, then views the articles page, then the news page, then leaves.

moonshield
03-08-2005, 10:57 AM
ok. But can't you see that from referrels and from exit pages? I am talking in Webalizer terms here.

darker
03-09-2005, 06:48 AM
ok. But can't you see that from referrels and from exit pages? I am talking in Webalizer terms here.

No, because what's interesting in where the visitor goes after he's arrived at the frontpage.. so, only knowing where he leaves is sort of limited. What did he do before he decided to leave?

Blue Cat Buxton
03-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Is there a way to show unique visitors in axs, rather than total hits?

Clickalyser tracks traffic flow, you need to pay monthly I think to use it. I haven't tried it though.