PDA

View Full Version : How to increase datafeed conversion rates?

ASP-Hosting.ca
02-02-2005, 08:29 AM
How do you make your datafeed site look more credible and how do you increase the site's conversion rates?

Do you add "In association with Merchant_goes_here" or you are hiding the merchant until the user is redirected?

Do you have a contact form, email on the site?

Do you link to the merchant return policy?

Anything else that I'm missing?

What conversion rates do you get on average on your datafeed sites?

Thanks,

Peter

Chris
02-04-2005, 09:43 AM
My conversion rates differ depending on the merchant, but they're quite high as is.

My CTR on impressions/clicks % is generally over 50, with my order conversions at about 2%, but with some merchants its higher at around 6 or 7, even 10%.

pierrebenoit
02-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Chris,

According to your experience (I saw here that you are doing fine)

1- do you put Adsense in your datafeed websites?
2- does Adsense responsible for a low CTR in datafeed sites or AWS sites?

Thanks

5starAffiliates
03-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi ASP-Hosting.ca,

We manage a bunch of affiliate programs that have free feeds and I write articles about datafeeds.

One of the things I always recommend to increase click through and conversions (plus adds good spider food) is a merchant testimonial at the top of the product page. Typically the merchant has some on their site, if not you may find some testimonials on BizRate or Epinions.

Another thing you may want to test is instead of the standard *buy now* try "find best price" or "more info". Even if they don't buy today it may help you get your cookie set which is always a good thing! :)

Hope this helps and best of luck!