PDA

View Full Version : Strings

number7
01-31-2005, 11:54 AM
A few days before I saw a documentary movie about modern physics. The movie was about things called "strings" - an elementary particle of our universe. The idea is that all small particles - protons, neutrons, electrons consis of much smaller particles. These particles is like a pulsatory unit of energy called "string". Of course this idea currently is only theoretical(or philosophical), but yesterday I thought that there are so many types of waves in our nature like: Sound, Light types (UV, infrared, etc.), radio waves, etc. We are surrounded by billions of waves. Waves in our neural systems create electrical charges and this force us to move, laught and think. So maybe a human mind and a soul is a wave also ? Maybe a humans or anyone's living on the earth soul is nothing else than a concentration of waves. This could explain why can we feel that something special like a disaster will be (animals in most cases feel this very well). Our soul or something called as our wave package :D recieves these some worry waves comming from the disaster centers...

That's some thoughts only... What do you think about idea that everything is a 'wave' ? :)

moonshield
01-31-2005, 02:20 PM
i don't know very much about physics but I could indeed believe such a theory. It would be amazing if such a thing did actually exist, to me anyways. I have an odd inclination to believe whatever science tells me, that is probably not good but I still have it.

chromate
02-13-2005, 05:11 PM
number7 Yeah, I saw something about string theory after watching a prog about Einstein. Really interesting. Afterwards I looked it up on dmoz and google. Found some cool sites about it. The maths is really deep though, so without spending a lot of time it's hard to get even a reasonable understanding of what it's really about.

I think you could be right about the waves thing anyway. I seem to remember from physics that everything vibrates constantly at set frequencies. Could be completely wrong though. haha