PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Content

asphalt
01-26-2005, 08:17 AM
When I original started developing my app, I left the application open without a login so users could test it out. So when a user came to my site they would automatically be logged in as a demo account and able to browse around. It looks like this has created a ton of duplicate content in the searches. Each page can be crawled with a different date in the querystring so these pages can be crawled for ever. i.e. page1.aspx?tdDate=1/1/2005 ->
page1.aspx?tdDate=1/2/2005

Well now I want to make a user login to use the app and build supporting content around it.

Ok so my questions are, does everyone recommend the same thing? Should a user have to at least click a button to login and not let the searches crawl all of these pages?

Am I really being hurt by having all of these duplicate pages?

My goal is a page rank of five by the end of 2005, taking some writing courses and will be adding a ton of content.

By the way really enjoy this site.

Here it is: Strengthnow.com (http://www.strengthnow.com)

Chris
01-26-2005, 06:55 PM
There isn't much benefit to having a SE get access to an application that is mostly form based.

asphalt
01-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I suppose I new that.. I will close off the application and begin focusing on the content..

Again thanks for the great resource.