PDA

View Full Version : domain name appraisal (urbanpages[dot]com)

jayfive
01-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Hello,

I own the domain urbanpages[dot]com. I have been recently contacted and offered $1000USD for it.

I never used the domain yet.

How much do you think its worth?

Cutter
01-25-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm no expert, but I think thats a fair price for an undeveloped domain. That being said perhaps the buyer has something very specific in mind.. so I'd try a counter offer of $2000 (or less if you want) and go from there. If they are willing to offer $1000 then they are probably willing to pay at least $1500 for it.

ozgression
01-25-2005, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't try playing games... $1k is far more than that domain is worth (in my opinion). I would take the money and run! ;)

jayfive
01-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks for your reply cutter, I think I will counter bid just not sure how much yet..

I had another question, as this is my first time negotiating I was wondering if there is a proper etiquette or anything when negioating over email?

I would like to sound professional and formal. This buyer sounds like he has purchased domains in the past. This is my first time selling a domain.

GTech
01-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Countering high is a gamble. A domain is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you don't plan to use it (or at least for a while), I would sell it. IMHO they are offering a very reasonable price for the domain because they want to use it, not because they necessarily think it's worth the amount to resell it.

A thousand today, or hold out for higher and they decline (or they could accept higher). Then you could try to sell it for the next two years on Afternic and never get a bite on it.

Domains are expendable. There is always a better one out there :)

GTech
01-25-2005, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't try playing games... $1k is far more than that domain is worth (in my opinion). I would take the money and run! ;)

100% agreed. I've been buying/selling domains for almost two years now. I definitely agree with Ozgression.

paul
01-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Sell. I had a couple of offers I wish I could get back :(

moonshield
01-25-2005, 07:22 PM
counter with $1500 and agree at $1250. That is what I would do.

Chris
01-25-2005, 09:05 PM
More important than price make sure you agree to some selling terms, such as an escrow service. I wouldn't accept paypal or any payment like that as it is too easily reversed (money orders throw escrow are best).

moonshield
01-26-2005, 06:49 AM
yes, always always ALWAYS use escrow for anything over $500. I wouldn't trust paypal as far as I could throw them.