PDA

View Full Version : a new link exchange forum.

orin
01-24-2005, 10:18 AM
a new link exchange forum:
http://link-swapper.com/forum/
you will need to register but than you can post your link exchange request.

cameron
01-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Doesn't look very helpful.

GeorgeB
01-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Doesn't look very helpful.
indeed....

Xander
01-25-2005, 04:45 AM
It looks like good concept, just lacking in numbers at the moment.

orin
01-25-2005, 08:59 AM
thanks Xander.
p.s
to Cameron and Quest
It is a New forum , which you could have understood from the word New. and hopefully it would be helpful once people like you would post their link requests.

Xander
01-25-2005, 10:30 AM
orin: You'll find most people generally on the net are cynical when it comes to the unknown. Its difficult to start new things, but good luck to you.

chromate
01-25-2005, 11:09 AM
The idea is ok. But I think it will be hard to make it work in a forum format. I think a directory structure would have been better, so people looking for links can select a relevant category. Then people advertising for link exchanges can also have specifications, eg "Only accepting PR4+ sites" etc. You could also order the results of the directory according to the PR of the sites or something.

topcat
02-13-2005, 07:35 AM
Yeah,

www.weightlossinternational.com has something like this on the back of its site called the weight loss directory. Every month I get a mail encouraging me to compete for top spot, thing is it never seems to have much PR so I don't bother.

However, good idea if you actually have PR to sell...

Mail I get is as below:

================================================== =====

Your site www.dr-phil-diet.org is listed in The Weight Loss Directory - the number one place users turn to, to find relevant weight loss information.

Your Details
------------

This month:
Your site: www.dr-phil-diet.org
Your site is ranked at position: 58
The status of your link is: lapsed

Is this what you expected?

This month's number #1 site is: fitnessandfreebies.com.

Can you compete with fitnessandfreebies.com for top spot?

What does my position mean?
--------------------------

The Weight Loss Directory ranks sites based on how "relevant" they are as a weight loss resource. For more details, see http://weightlossinternational.com/directory/webmasters.html#order

Every time a user of The Weight Loss Directory looks through the directory or performs a search, the sites are listed according to their ranking. Sites with a higher ranking are listed at the top. Sites with a lower ranking are listed at the bottom.

================================================== ======

blah blah blah.....

chromate
02-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Aside from PR, I doubt they get much traffic to make competing for the top spot worth it either.

orin
02-18-2005, 11:34 AM
the reason that it is writen in a forum is that its not only for people to post link exchange request but also to ask question or make improvement suggestion for the link exchange tool Link-Swapper.
http://www.link-swapper.com