PDA

View Full Version : Fastclick Stock

incka
01-22-2005, 06:06 AM
So they're going public... Do you think it's a good investment?

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/techinvestor/corporatenews/2005-01-13-fastclick_x.htm

Looks like they're going into the search market... Looks hot stock to me :cool:

intelliot
01-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Not hot if they don't accept my site :)

chromate
01-24-2005, 01:56 PM
It's certainly interesting. I would wait until I've heard more about what they're planning with their search advertising. Fastclick have a lot going for them, but they also suffer from really poor ads which are exactyly the kind that people strive to block. That and the fact that 43% of their revenue comes from just 10 clients makes it seem a bit risky.

chromate
01-24-2005, 02:01 PM
I just wanna add... I used to deal in stocks and shares quite regularly. Now I kinda feel that it's a bit pointless with the small sums of money I have to invest. I could invest $1000 in a new website and make a great ROI or I could invest $1000 in shares and probably not get the same level of return and could quite easily lose it all.

If I had $10,000+ to play with on the stock market, that would be different as the return would be more significant. But I only ever invested in "penny stocks" on the Alternative Investment Market (which is growing massively!)

incka
01-24-2005, 02:12 PM
10 publishers or advertisers?

If advertisers I think it's easy to name some them:

Ask Jeeves Inc (Owns smiley central)
Hot Bar Inc
UK Travel Services