PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Negotiating with Advertiser

dmaher
01-20-2005, 07:58 AM
I am a partner (venture capital) in company that is very successful in the scrip, fundraising business. In their most basic form scrip’s are coupons that members purchase and a percentage of that purchase goes towards school tuition. The company creates relationships with retail vendors and then markets these vendor’s coupons. The retailers range from Barnes and Noble, Amazon, American Airlines, Red Lobster and the list goes on. This company has yet to assemble a turnkey order entry website. My thought is to get this system up and running quickly. When a customer places an order for a particular vendor I would allow that vendor to advertise. Now my problem, how do I charge for that particular advertisement? It is somewhat unique in that I have a person that is making a purchase from that company. Do I charge click through pricing, do I charge banner pricing and how much? Is there a consultant or advertising firm that can tell me what this is worth? I would like to find a complete turnkey company that would have the knowledge to do all the website programming and have the knowledge of website advertising rates. I have little knowledge of what website ad costs so it is very difficult for me to try and negotiate with each retailer. Any help?