PDA

View Full Version : Building Newsletter Subscriptions

Dan
01-20-2005, 06:23 AM
Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good service to build Newsletter subscriber numbers?
Like cheap co-registration or a pay-per-result service.

If so please let me know, :)

Thanks guys,

-Dan

Xander
01-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Do you mean something like http://www.opt-media.com/ - Opt media? I've only heard about then from someone using the publisher side though.

Dan
01-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Xander, yeah thats the type of service I'm after, its just my spend per signup is quite low so not many companies are willing to take me on.

I've emailed them, I'll see if they're interested. I'll let you know how I go.

Xander
01-21-2005, 03:23 AM
You could try it youself direct by looking for sites where you would want registerations and working out a deal with the webmaster.

Dan
01-21-2005, 04:07 AM
Yeah, I was going to start an affiliate program, but cos my spend per signup is low, I don't think many people would be interested in pushing it.
Hypothetically, Do you think webmasters would be interested in getting paid .01 - .02 per signup?

Blue Cat Buxton
01-21-2005, 05:10 AM
How about offering webmasters something like free or credits towards advertising in the newsletter per so many signups instead?

Xander
01-21-2005, 08:22 AM
Dan: I'm not sure about the amount of webmasters but I'm sure they must be a fair amount. As long as you make it double optin(i.e. make sure that when they signup they have to confirm their email address, I don't see why not.

Blue Cat's idea is a good one, you could also do a compeition with a prize going to a random subscriber and promote the compeition.

Dan
01-24-2005, 04:48 AM
BlueCat and Xander,
Thanks for all the great Ideas, I'm gonna consider it and see how I go.

I'll let you guys know how I go.

MJ_Taylor
01-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Only one lead? Can anyone who's dealt with any of these type firms list the firm and your experience with them?

Thanks

Dan
01-26-2005, 06:30 PM
I signed up with Opt-Media, excellent service and support thus far!

Xander
01-27-2005, 07:09 AM
I signed up with Opt-Media, excellent service and support thus far!

Thats good to hear, customer service is important - I've seen them post on sitepoint so atleast they are proactive. Let us know if the signups work out for you.

Dan
01-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Yeah I'll let you know!

MJ_Taylor
01-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Since I couldn't find Opt-Media's price list, I sent a note to the company. They (very quickly) replied with:

Hi MJ,

Thanks for writing in. Our pricing is actually accessible once you sign up
for an advertisers account. You may do so here:

http://www.opt-media.com/aregister.php

Our unconfirmed opt in registrations run in the 2-3 cent range, and our
confirmed registrations in the .10 to .15 cent range.

Let me know what you are looking for and I am always glad to help! You can
contact me at the number below, or via email at your convenience.

Thanks again,

John Kowal
V.P. Biz Dev

Dan,

What was the least amount you could purchase? I'm curious to test them (after we get our newsletter setup :), as long as I don't have to sink a bunch of cash up front.

Thanks,

Dan
01-28-2005, 07:46 PM
MJ,

I just contacted them with my requirements and they did a special package thing for me. Try contacting them with your requirements and they might do the same.

From the Advertiser Login smallest package is - 5,000 for 2.7 cents or $135

Hope it helps!

-Dan

incka
01-29-2005, 10:06 AM
How are you going to get all those into your list? Copying and pasting them will takes you weeks...

Dan
01-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Incka,

Opt-Media get the daily signups and put them in a plain text format with delimiters, most emailing systems allow you to add bulk addresses.

-Dan

incka
01-30-2005, 03:45 AM
Can you list a few that do... At the moment I'm copying and pasting each one into Outlook Address Book...

Dan
01-30-2005, 07:02 PM
Incka,

Search HotScripts for 'Mailing List Managers' you'll find plenty of programs. http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Mailing_List_Managers/index.html

Hope that helps,

-Dan

ozgression
01-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Well, perhaps you can tell us which one you are using then?

Dan
01-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Oh sorry dude, I'm using a custom built app.

Blue Cat Buxton
01-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Can you list a few that do... At the moment I'm copying and pasting each one into Outlook Address Book...

Outlook lets you import csv data from the file menu (or am I missing something?)

hellier0898
07-11-2005, 04:46 AM
Hi,

I have justed pick up on this thread. I was researching Opt-media and though Im worried this thread might be a little old now, I would love to hear from anyone who has used Opt-Media in terms of receiving signups / emails to grow their list?

I went to the site and registered as an advertiser, but it wanted me to buy a number of leads before allowing me to even decide / choose what leads I wanted?

Do they contact you afterwards or what? Im looking to grow a list for a socials-type website, not business opportunities or anything like that.

Would Opt-Media be the one for me?

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Regards

Martin