PDA

View Full Version : When is the next Google Crawl?

tragu
09-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Hi!

I've just launched my website, and expecting to get listed in Google. It's been a week so far from the time of launch. I would like to know when is the next Google Crawl?

Thank you,

T Ragu

Mike
09-23-2003, 01:31 PM
I think there was one recently (in the last few days), but someone would have to confirm that.

tragu
09-23-2003, 01:46 PM
Today my site has been visited by Googlebot (according to the web statistics). But, when I type in my URL in Google search to confirm, it returns 0 results. What does this mean?

Chris
09-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Crawling does not equal indexing.

Typically you get listed 3 weeks after a deep crawl. A deep crawl should be happening soon.

tragu
09-23-2003, 03:01 PM
Then, the visit of Googlebot is indexing?

Chris
09-23-2003, 03:54 PM
The visit of Googlebot is crawling.

Indexing would be the act of permanentlyplacing you in the index -- which takes about 3 weeks.

tragu
09-23-2003, 08:29 PM
So, in 3 or more weeks, my site will be listed in Google permanently since It's been visited by Googlebot. Right? (Please apologize me for asking odd questions)

Chris
09-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Yes.

tragu
09-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Thank you very much for answering all the questions without bursting out by some obvious ones...

syrinx
10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Hello everyone - just joined the Forum and very pleased to be here ! Wanted to get the answer to this question and got it straight away - it's good to know there are folks out there with the same question as me. I'm very new to this but I don't feel alone any more and I've learned something fast. Many thanks.

cooluks
10-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi!

I've just launched my website, and expecting to get listed in Google. It's been a week so far from the time of launch. I would like to know when is the next Google Crawl?

Thank you,

T Ragu

Crawling of Google is very frequent.. When you see the cached of your site it means that was the last crawl made by the Google Bot... Let it be indexed first...:p

blackartist
08-31-2008, 04:42 AM
Thanks alot guys.. i am new here at this forum, but your conversation was a great deal of help.
well, errrrr!!! you guys were discussing the dates of crawls.
anybody has any idea when is the upcoming crawl, i mean to say thar is this in first week of september???
(sorry for the silly question)
thanks
kind regards
sara black

bermuda
09-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Not all of the newly launched websites would be crawled and indexed the same because some portals and sites like blogs could get indexed within a day even after getting set up for the first time and other sites which are not updated that often may take some weeks to appear over the net.