PDA

View Full Version : Comments please

Dudboy
09-22-2003, 10:06 AM
Can you take a look at this and see if you think it is a good example of viral marketing please

http://www.telescope-game.com

Mike
09-22-2003, 11:04 AM
As the game is pretty good, then yeah I suppose. But to improve it a little you could expose the send to a friend link a litte more.

Dudboy
09-22-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Mike
As the game is pretty good, then yeah I suppose. But to improve it a little you could expose the send to a friend link a litte more.

Many thanks

Will look at enhancing that.

How far did you get ?

Mike
09-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Only Level Eight I'm afraid.

Dudboy
09-22-2003, 01:27 PM
They get a lot harder after level 15.

All those up to 15 are really trainig levels to help grasp different aspects of the game

Mike
09-22-2003, 01:52 PM
Doubt I'll get up to them:)

Great game none the less.

GCT13
09-22-2003, 09:20 PM
This is a fun game. Working my way to level 25... slowly.

chromate
09-23-2003, 01:33 AM
Nice Game. Got to level 15 without too much trouble. It's a shame they don't get a lot harder before 15. You'd get more people mailing friends to try it and see if they can do it. What's your connection with Dyson?

Dudboy
09-23-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by chromate
Nice Game. Got to level 15 without too much trouble. It's a shame they don't get a lot harder before 15. You'd get more people mailing friends to try it and see if they can do it. What's your connection with Dyson?

Work for the New Media / Web team.

chromate
09-23-2003, 03:01 AM
Well, I think you've done a good job. I like the simplicity of it. You go to the site expecting to play a game and that's exactly what you get, without all the other clutter that normally goes into a site.

The game's very addictive and it's a good way to drive people to the dyson site.

Dudboy
09-23-2003, 03:55 AM
Well, I think you've done a good job. I like the simplicity of it. You go to the site expecting to play a game and that's exactly what you get, without all the other clutter that normally goes into a site.

The game's very addictive and it's a good way to drive people to the dyson site.

Thanks

michaelq
10-03-2003, 04:53 AM
Hey Dudboy,

Very impressive indeed. You could make the game a little faster to ensure people get to the end quicker and add some pinball type concepts when they pot the ball like flashing lights and sounds etc. In between when you are going through the tunnel maybe you could hint something like give a vague idea of where you will end up but keep people curious. I loved it and thought it to be quite simple but my girlfriend said it is too simple and she quit it before she got to the end. Saying all that it's very clever and it's the type of thing when given the right mix of imagery, sound and some other quirky additions could become a fad.

Just curious who are the target audience?

chromate
10-03-2003, 05:06 AM
Hi michaelq, welcome to the forums!

The game's actually made by Dyson, so I don't think DudBoy has too much control over it. It's a shame your gf didn't stay towards the end as they get a bit harder and then actually lead into the Dyson site for even harder levels :)

Dudboy
10-03-2003, 06:35 AM
Hi michaelq, welcome to the forums!

The game's actually made by Dyson, so I don't think DudBoy has too much control over it. It's a shame your gf didn't stay towards the end as they get a bit harder and then actually lead into the Dyson site for even harder levels :)

I guess that depends if DUDBOY works on the team that built is :D

michaelq
10-03-2003, 06:44 AM
Hi Chromate,

Thank you for the welcome. Good community spirit. Dyson seem to be pumping cash into their vacuum cleaners - they are pricey little buggers though!

chromate
10-03-2003, 06:47 AM
They are pricey. But I've got one and they are bloody good :) lol

michaelq
10-03-2003, 06:55 AM
LOL. Did you buy it before or after playing the game? If you bought it after then that answers the question of the original topic. :)

chromate
10-03-2003, 07:00 AM
Well, I have to admit that I didn't buy it at all. No -- I didn't steal it! :) My gf's mum bought a new one and she gave her old one to us. Nice. heh

michaelq
10-03-2003, 07:27 AM
You lucky guy, My GFs mum won't even meet me (something to do with me not being Chinese :)) so there won't be a chance of me getting a Dyson. Maybe a few flying kicks or karate chops! ;)

Dudboy
10-03-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by michaelq
You lucky guy, My GFs mum won't even meet me (something to do with me not being Chinese :)) so there won't be a chance of me getting a Dyson. Maybe a few flying kicks or karate chops! ;)

Now that comment has really lost me

chromate
10-03-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by michaelq

lol ... learn to duck ;)

michaelq
10-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Hello Dudboy,

My girlfriend is Chinese and her parents were born in a small village in China and are very traditional so I was pointing out that Chromates very lucky to be accepted by his girlfriends mother (and of course to get a free Dyson) ;). I was also pointing out that I would be lucky to be sucked up by a Dyson by my GFs mother let alone her buy me one! :)

incka
10-04-2003, 09:03 AM
Can I put the first 15 levels on my site Games2Go.co.uk - It would improve your traffic to your site and give me free content...

madder_ali
10-16-2003, 08:47 AM
incka

Can you contact me directly, I work with dudboy and can give you more information on having the game to host on your site.

email

alistair.miller@dyson.com

also....

There are some more levels of the game. These are in aid of charity.

Play these

http://www.dyson.co.uk/game/clic_levels.asp

Click the link to colour in a Dyson.

For every design entry, Dyson donate 50p to CLIC ( Cancer and Leukaemia in Childhood ) and you could win a Dyson cleaner or even have your design manufactured!