PDA

View Full Version : Server Side Stats & Realtime Traffic Tracking Services

number7
01-04-2005, 03:29 AM
I'm looking for a solution to track my website visitors. Is any one of you using real-time traffic tracking service? Or you use server-side website traffic statistics tracking. Which is better one ? Which would you prefer to use? Thank you for your suggestions.

MarkB
01-04-2005, 04:15 AM
I use AW stats, and have it set so I can update it whenever I want. I know it's not the best product out there, though, so am too interested in what people are using...

Westech
01-04-2005, 08:23 AM
I use a free php/mysql script called pphlogger (http://pphlogger.phpee.com/). It works very well and does almost everything I want.

paul
01-04-2005, 01:44 PM
I have been using hitslink.com. Pricy, but being able to see search term by search engine for all my entry pages has been extremely helpful. I found that less than 15% of my visitors arrive via the home page. The rest are coming from a variety of search terms I didn't even realized were indexed.

It's about $45 per month for 30,000 page views across five domains.

moonshield
01-04-2005, 01:51 PM
I use webalizer. It just works :)

number7
01-04-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm right from pphlogger... some reports are excellent, some a bit confusing. Overall - quite good. Thanks Westech. ;)

Westech
01-04-2005, 02:44 PM
No problem. :) The reports do take a little getting used to, but once you figure them out they're pretty clear. If you know a little SQL, you can also open the database with phpmyadmin and run manual queries on it to get just about any information you want.