PDA

View Full Version : Synthguide.com...What should I do?

Nick
01-03-2005, 01:44 AM
Hi everyone,

I was hoping some of you would be able to help me out. I've had this site, www.synthguide.com, for almost a year a now. I havn't touched it since february of 04, and it's brought in anywhere from $1 to $6 dollars a day, averaging about $3, I think. Not much, but it pays for my Mocha in the morning.

Anyways, I was hoping some of you would be able to help me. The site only averages about 150 visitors a day (which fluctuates month to month). You can see the stats here (http://www.synthguide.com/stats/). I know the market and traffic potential for this type of site is much bigger than what I'm seeing. My Effective CPM for december was a little over $12 dollars, so I really want to get as much traffic as I can.

So can anyone suggest anything that I could do to bring in more traffic? I know building back links and SEOing will help, but I'm wondering if there is anything I do to the actual site to increase traffic. One thing I plan on doing is adding a proper forum (that miniBB is crap!). Should I redisgn the site to make it more attractive and user friendly? Should I add some other type of content.

Thanks for your help.

nohaber
01-03-2005, 05:36 AM
How about working on links? That PR1 is too low. Btw. minibb rullz :D

Xander
01-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Thats a nice site and great domain. I used to be a lot more into synths(until I ran out of money). I used to frequent vintagesynth (for reviews) and sound on sound (for forums). Its probably best to post links in your signature in related forums(there are a lot of music forums around) or maybe even spend some money on adwords/advertising. Some tweaks on the design could help as there is quite a lot of information to hit you on the main page(could just be me though).