PDA

View Full Version : How to ask for merchant review ?

number7
12-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Hello everyone,

Month ago I've finished merchant account rating system. There are merchants listed in the database and people can rate them by answering some questions about their experience with these merchants and adding some comments. Merchant rate calculation is based on these questions.
People seeking for a merchant account may see merchant rate and review others reviews before choosing one.

But I have a problem now. Main reviewers of merchants are their current customers and I have no idea how could I reach these customers and ask them for review. Currently I'm even wondering was it worth to develop such system... Could you please tell me what you think about this ? Any ideas ?

stymiee
12-29-2004, 09:06 PM
That is pretty darn tough. I don't know of a way to attract us4ers to your site and know which Merchant Account Provider they are with. Seems to be an insermountable problem to me as I can't think of any way you could partner with MAPs to get their merchants to visit your site. They would have little incentive as they would be worried about letting their unhappy merchants know where to complain and find a new provider.

An alternative would be to try to get as map MAPs as you can in your database and try to lure in existing merchants who are looking for support or looking for a new provider. The only problem you will have there is you'll get only unhappy merchants and would miss out on good reviews. Indeed, good companies might never get reviewed!

number7
01-04-2005, 03:06 AM
An alternative would be to try to get as map MAPs as you can in your database and try to lure in existing merchants who are looking for support or looking for a new provider. The only problem you will have there is you'll get only unhappy merchants and would miss out on good reviews. Indeed, good companies might never get reviewed!

Do you mean I must seek for a customers which had a merchant account and looking for a new one ?