PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a few people

joeychgo
12-21-2004, 05:19 AM
I am looking for a few people who are knowlegable with SEO -AND- run a Vbulletin forum for a project im working on.

Please PM me here.

Nintendo
12-23-2004, 06:07 PM
SEO tip: Make sure there is no session ID in the URL. As soon as I got rid of that, my boards got Googlebombed!!!! I ended up with more users than I could handle!!!

James
12-24-2004, 12:37 AM
Nintendo!!!! He's using vBulletin!! It has archives that are search engine-friendly!!!

incka
12-24-2004, 04:30 AM
I spell vBulletin wrong a lot as well.

A lot of users will just read the archive but won't realise they can post on it.

Percept
12-24-2004, 06:04 AM
I don't like the Vbulletin archive, the forum itself should be SEO-ed. ( more chance visitors will become posters )

r2d2
12-24-2004, 06:34 AM
It does seem a bit pointless the archive thing. The forum should be spiderable as standard.

joeychgo
01-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Forums in general can be difficult to SEO because of all the graphics and repeated words. (posts, join date, etc) and because of all the HTML. But it can be done. There is an archive hack that makes the archive even more spiderable - and if you modift it right you can draw people into the forums from the archive easily.

VBWebmaster (http://www.vbwebmaster.com/) is my new site - All about how to build, optimize, promote, customize, manage and profit from your Vbulletin forum.

Westech
01-23-2005, 09:27 PM
I've seen some vB sites that modify the archive template to put a big, eye-catching link at the top of each archive page that says something like "Click here to view this page with all of the pictures and additional features enabled."

GeorgeB
01-24-2005, 07:50 AM
VTCTalk.com became a PR5 in just 3 months after creation because I submitted it to QUALITY directories and not to mention it has good niche content.

The site doesn't use archiving at all because it's on an IIS server which doesn't support mod_rewrite like apache.

It gets 90% of it's traffic from SEs because it's ranked #1 in google and yahoo for certain popular keywords.

My point is... the archive isn't 100% necessary. But if you'll notice, most sites in google that I've seen have their archive results show higher ranked than their actual site pages.

Cutter
01-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Can the session id be removed from PHPBB? (and yes, I know vBulletin is better)

intelliot
01-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Yes, see sessions.php