PDA

View Full Version : Flash Template

thebillionaire
12-13-2004, 05:56 PM
I wanted to make a msn like this, but ofcourse with better graphics that looked like msn messenger, with link as user name, or the side tabs as links.

http://moreposh4lessdosh.co.uk/saad/template1.htm

Is it possible?

James
12-13-2004, 10:18 PM
It could probably be accomplished, but it'd be expensive if you want it to act like MSN. And if it acts and looks like it, you'd probably get Microsoft on your tail anyways. And either your idea is malacious, or people'd probably already be using something like http://webmessenger.msn.com

incka
12-13-2004, 11:34 PM
How come you have an account on my server that I did not make?

thebillionaire
12-14-2004, 01:38 PM
I don want to make a messenger just a site that looks like msn messenger, that is about msn messenger.

incka
12-14-2004, 11:30 PM
Answer my question or Gareths account get deleted and I sue him for damages for letting you use his account to spam.

MarkB
12-15-2004, 02:17 AM
How about making such gross accusations in private? I hope this isn't how you typically conduct your 'business'.

incka
12-15-2004, 06:07 AM
Hey, he is using my server without my permission. I see no reason why I should talk to him in private.

MarkB
12-15-2004, 09:02 AM
Because it has nothing to do with this forum - it's purely between you and him. And the accusation that he is using it to spam, if not true, would do you no end of harm.

On the other hand, just leave it there - it shows how immature you are when it comes to dealing with sensitive matters such as this.

incka
12-15-2004, 10:07 AM
If matters are out in public they are dealt with quicker.

My server sent me an email saying scripts on the /saad/ directory on my server were sending out spam emails. I did not create an account for saad. His account seems to be on a friends account who does not have permission to grant others accounts.

Blue Cat Buxton
12-15-2004, 11:04 AM

My server sent me an email saying scripts on the /saad/ directory on my server were sending out spam emails. I did not create an account for saad. His account seems to be on a friends account who does not have permission to grant others accounts.

Then the issue you have is with the person you granted the account to

I agree with Mark that this matter would be much better dealt with (from your point of view in putting forward a professional business image, if nothing else) in private. If the script is running in contrevention of agreed T&C's then juyst shut it down and wait for them to start hollering

BTW, if you granted the initial account on your server, can't you restrict what that account can do - ie grant additional accounts.

thebillionaire
12-15-2004, 01:36 PM
whao, what are you talking about I just asked your friend to put up a file, the temps the only thing I put up man, sorry, but I was expecting you to get this angry.

AndyH
12-15-2004, 08:23 PM

I am going to assume you are using CPanel for my next comment.

It was probably Cpanel's script checker that mails the server admin when a script with a sendmail function is found so you can check it out. I doubt it said "this account is sending spam".

Also, saying you are going to sue is quite childish and I highly doubt that you would follow through on that threat.

thebillionaire
12-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Alright, the problem is all settled out. But Andy brought up a good point, send a sueing threat may not be the wisest decission unless something major happened. For me if I said that to someone and the reply was ok go ahead, I would do nothing, lol.

Have anyof you guy's been sued or have sued?

AndyH
12-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Have anyof you guy's been sued or have sued?
I recieved a Cease or Desist with demands I did not legally have to follow so I sent them my lawyers contact details who told them something like "I will be seeing you in court".

Havn't heard anything more about it and it has been nearly 2 years I think.

One of the demands was to change the font (verdana) used on my website as it was the same as they used.

moonshield
12-16-2004, 07:36 AM
sue about a font? i would laugh in their face. and then laugh again.

James
12-16-2004, 08:44 AM
Shoulda sued them in return for having a website on the internet, as your website is also on the internet.

thebillionaire
12-16-2004, 01:40 PM
OMG in sueing you guys for using the same font, size, and colour on the same forum. LOL

The New Guy
12-16-2004, 03:41 PM
I am sueing you for using the english language clearly, I spoke it first. Please use one of the wildy available free languages such as sumerian. Thank you and have a nice day :p

moonshield
12-16-2004, 03:51 PM
i would have sued them for bothering me.