PDA

View Full Version : Google Adsence obscure questions

Shade
12-08-2004, 03:39 PM
I have to questions i really need to find the answer's to.

1) can you buy adwords and adsence rankings? For example if you have 10 guys competing for a keyword, can you make sure your keyword is always desplayed even if there are only 4 displayed at a time? What would the advantage be to owning several e-commerce sites that link to the same exact site?

2) How would i find out where all of one company is advertising? I tried link: to find the backlinks to there banner ads, but this is not as effective. Some sites are refusing to show any links at all, and i know where some of there banners are.

Thanks alot

lz83ny
12-08-2004, 06:46 PM
1) I don't know
2) Use Firefox, move mouse over the ad and read the status window:)

intelliot
12-11-2004, 09:50 PM
1) Yes, sort of - this is what the bidding system is about
2) There's no reliable way

Cutter
12-12-2004, 02:04 PM
If you want your keyword to be displayed then you'll have to be a top 4 bidder. Be careful not to get into a bidding war beyond what you can afford.

Try to find all advertising would be very difficult. Checking backlinks in Yahoo (rather than Google) is one step. If they are using a banner network or some banner script on other websites I suspect it would be impossible without personally visiting the site and knowing about it first. My recommendation would be to compile a list of sites of whatever topic are target market you have and try to visit the big ones and check manually. Not easy.

Will.Spencer
01-15-2005, 11:46 PM
1. Bid more. :D

2. Google AdSense ads are client-side scripts, so they never really exist on the page. Therefore, it is impossible to programmatically determine where they appear.