PDA

View Full Version : 2 popunders?

dolphin
09-21-2003, 05:00 AM
Hi Chris,

I noticed that on one of your sites, can't remember which one, you are allowing 2 popunders. I am currently using 1 popunder for my site.

I was just wondering if opening 2 will annoy the crap out of your visitors ??

Thanks

Dolphin

Chris
09-21-2003, 06:55 AM
Some popunders I use are like newsletter advertisements, they only show up once, ever, and then never again.

Though I do run both fastclick and tribalfusion pops on some sites and if both are seen at the same time then they'll never be seen again since those are daily.

dolphin
09-21-2003, 06:59 AM
Thanks Chris,

I've give it ago then, my fastclick banners are also daily ones. I just hope my visitors dont start complaing :S

Cheers

Dolphin

davesplace1
10-28-2003, 11:04 PM
I've had visitors complain about a banner ad, some people think the web should be ad free, mainly people who do not get web hosting bills. Pop unders still pay the bills.

john190
11-22-2003, 11:27 PM
The only way to know if 2 popups are getting on your visitors wick is to keep an eye on your sites statistics. If they drop then you know why!

My experience with popups are negative. I can't stand them keep popping up ever time I visit a new site.

I believe that popups just downgrades a site that uses them, especially popup farms!

incka
11-23-2003, 04:22 AM
If the site had good content popunders are good... But popups are bad unless your site is the only place they can go for the information they are looking for.

Mike
11-23-2003, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't say popups are bad if there are other sites on your topic. I would say they're bad if you have fussy members and not much content.

incka
11-23-2003, 10:31 AM
I get annoyed when they are on category pages. I'm fine with them on content pages.