PDA

View Full Version : Webmerge

moonshield
12-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Does anyone use this program? If so, is it worth $100? It looks like it could be worthwhile, but I would like to hear other people's opinion.

Thanks

moonshield
12-05-2004, 02:24 PM
has anyone ever heard of this program?

thebillionaire
12-06-2004, 01:09 PM
never heard of it.

Chris
12-06-2004, 02:17 PM
The name is familiar, though I cannot remember anything about it.

moonshield
12-06-2004, 02:50 PM
I heard about it on abestweb. They said it was one of the best programs of the year.

r2d2
12-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Could half been someone with an affiliate link to them?

paul
12-06-2004, 05:03 PM
It's a program that can apparently read any kind of database file and turn it into static html pages. The only negative I have seen is that it is a pain to have to regenerate pages whenever you want to update your site.

alien
12-07-2004, 10:52 PM
And you can't search for products.

pierrebenoit
12-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi

I used Webmerge with 3 websites and I can give you my opinion.

1- The product is very difficult to understand: You need to take many weeks to learn how to use it. If you limit yourself (as I did) with only 2 deths maxi, only 2 days is required to learn... if you really undertand how things work behind.

2- You can control everything (where you want your information to be placed) and in my opinion it is good.

3- There is a support online where you can ask question: forum and a webmerge ambassador. If you want something to be included in the product, you can submit. They are very helpfull

4- Some good tutorials online

In brief
You build templates (main page, page of content) for your website, you put code for WM and click!... you get ton of page and take ++ minutes to upload.

I forgot the problem for a while (an error) because I didn't know how to get indexed 200+ pages. Today after many pages are in google, I'm happy with Adsense.
So my chalenge is how to get these websites indexed very fast: If I know I can put many website online (with content, newsletter, report... to avoid mirroring the main website)
__________________________________________________ ________
The only negative I have seen is that it is a pain to have to regenerate pages whenever you want to update your site.
__________________________________________________ __________

There are many solutions to upload ton of pages online. There are also some tools to create ton of page directly online without using WebMerge (if you know php, you can build one)

After a new regeneration (I did this one time to remove the price) , I put a .htaccess

In my opinion, the product is great and really cheap
with 300+pages indexed and Adsense, you can profit for the first month

thanks!

Webfu
12-31-2006, 12:09 AM
I love Webmerge. Highly recommend to anyone who wishes to publish a database from a flat file.