PDA

View Full Version : Community Consultant Services

MarkB
11-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Announcing COMMUNITY CONSULTANT Services
from Mark Bridgeman

I have been working with, and managing, communities of various types since 1996. From taking an IRC channel into 'real world' meet-ups, to creating online communities around niche audiences, I have been working on bringing people together online for almost 8 years.

I am now offering my services as a consultant for your website. Whether you have a community already, that you feel requires expanding, or a new or existing website which you'd like to add community features to, I can help. My direct, no-frills approach will state quite plainly where you can improve, and how.

I am offering my services in two (2) packages:

MINI ASSESSMENT - $75.00USD

A 2-3 page report offering basic pointers for your website.

This will list areas where you can grow, what you could add, and what you're doing wrong. It will also offer new, fresh ideas for your website that are not usually considered by the adverage webmaster.

FULL ASSESSMENT - $200.00USD

A 5+ page report offering indepth tips and ideas for your website.

This goes well beyond the mini assessment in that, along with tips and ideas for your site, I will present details on how they can be implemented, the tools you will need to acquire (or build) to accomplish this, and how to develop a working community management strategy. How best to deal with members? How do you roll out the new features without going into overload, and in what order?

* If you purchase a mini assessment, and then would like a full assessment developed from those ideas, your full assessment cost will be discounted by $30, bringing the complete cost for both to just $245.

For the remainder of 2004, Website Publisher members will receive a 10% discount on either assessment.

Interested parties are invited to PM me here, or email me at mark.bridgeman AT gmail DOT com.

Payments made via PayPal only.

About Me:
I created UltimateMetal.com in 2000, and it has grown to be the largest independent online community for fans of heavy metal. I am also the creator of MyGroovyWedding.com, a niche wedding forum targetted at UK brides and grooms.

I have managed online forums for Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford (Judas Priest), and UK TV show The Tribe.

Mike
11-26-2004, 03:45 PM
Good thing to get if you have a site that could work well with a community. I got a report and was impressed with what Mark was saying. Imagine a forum with 30k+ members like UltimateMetal ;)

incka
11-27-2004, 02:36 AM
I will be interested very soon.

Cutter
11-27-2004, 12:03 PM
Heheh, spammers should read your post and takes notes.

Crazy thing, I *just* ran into your website yesterday for the very first time when looking into Hypocrisy's tour info. Very impressive.

Here is a question for you, if someone has just started a forum and is having problems getting people posting on it, how much help do you believe you give them?

MarkB
11-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Well this IS the marketplace forum :)

How much help depends on the site, how they've positioned their forum already, and how their forum is structured - and, of course, existing traffic levels.

moonshield
11-27-2004, 06:22 PM
UltimateMetal
Metal? Are you into Metal.. what type. I'm personally into that Swedish Norse-like metal like Opeth and In Flames. Especially In Flames.

MarkB
11-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Opeth and In Flames are both awesome (and UltimateMetal hosts the official Opeth forum:)). I like all guitar-based music.

Cutter
11-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Heheh, gotta love the metal. My favorites are Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Gamma Ray, Nightwish, Therion, Burzum, Darthrone, Satyricon, Children of Bodom, and Hypocrisy. But I can't really enjoy stuff like Godsmack.