PDA

View Full Version : Updating daily or weekly?

Shade
11-26-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm running into the problems of the main page site content. Generally i see alot of compeditors submiting news on a daily basis. The sites a anime site, and of course there is alot of general news. I don't want to spend hours a day updating this site. Does anyone know if a site updated once a week vs daily really drasticly change the traffic? Also, is there a easier way to do this other then bookmark a bunch of sites and use there news? Ideally i would like to get to the point where i do a major update once a week, and where i add new sections and pages here and there during that week.

Thanks in advanced!

Mike
11-26-2004, 11:59 AM
I'd think that submitting daily content will bring a lot more traffic than if you were submitting weekly...

Xander
11-26-2004, 12:34 PM
I think its better to do more constant smaller updates then regular longer term larger updates. Its difficult updating daily but it does help with traffic flow.

moonshield
11-26-2004, 01:05 PM
daily is the way to go for the bigger sites. Weekly for the smaller.

Emancipator
11-26-2004, 01:38 PM
i have hourly updates. Sometimes multiple items an hour. If people think you have weekly updates they come once a week. If they KNOW you have daily updates they come every day.

In the same way we all come here looking for New Posts everyday :)

Mike
11-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Emancipator, are all the people who update your site people who you just knew? How did you get them all to write for you?

MarkB
11-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Get people in to help - get them involved, and if they feel like they're truly a part of your site, they will make quality posts (make sure you check the people out first, though; you don't want any fruitcakes updating your site for you...).

Regular updates means regular visitors, it's that simple :)

Cutter
11-26-2004, 04:16 PM
If you want lots of return traffic you have to update every day. A forum like this I'll visit at least once a day, maybe more.

Regular updates aren't easy, especially when running multiple sites or other side projects. If you can get people to update your news themselves for free great. Hopefully your site is making enough to possibly even pay them a bonus for an hour or two of work a day.

Emancipator
11-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Emancipator, are all the people who update your site people who you just knew? How did you get them all to write for you?

You make it sound like there is an army of people updating my site :) I only wish.

Mike
11-27-2004, 06:51 AM
Oh, I thought you had quite a few :)

Emancipator
11-27-2004, 08:12 AM
damn it would be nice ;) I have some very good sources for news now, its called the STUDIOS that make the movies lol. I have 2 guys that do news with me regularly.