PDA

View Full Version : Sale of my orienteering domain

Chris
11-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Someone has offered to buy my orienteering domain (online-orienteering.net) for a 4 figure sum.

Of course I accepted.

I have no idea why they decided to make this purchase, but I'm getting much more than its worth.

I even told them in email that I am not going to guarantee any residual PageRank. I've already setup 301 redirects which will be live for about 2 weeks until they take possession of the domain and I've submitted the change requests to DMOZ.

The site does have some odd links out there, but most of the PR it has comes from DMOZ and my other sites (mostly my other sites).

They paid via cashiers check, the check is already in my hand. I called the issuing bank and they vouched for it's authenticity, I will still wait for it to clear but it looks legit to me.

The company making the purchase is called "Verisoft LLC" a quick Google search shows they've bought other domains.

Westech
11-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Congratulations on the sale! Judging from the redirects and DMOZ change request, I assume you're keeping the site content and moving it to a new domain?

incka
11-22-2004, 11:16 PM
onlineorienteering.com is availablie if I remember correctly.

chrispian
11-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Chris, lets make arrangements for you to send some of that money to me. I know you don't need to worry with all that money ;)

Congrats though, good job! The wack jobs on WHT would probably have paid 9x that ;)

Xander
11-23-2004, 03:37 AM
Congrats, as the old saying goes there is a buyer for everything(even paying more than its worth). The site is worth quite a bit anyway.

Chris
11-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Yes, I keep all the content. The new domain is 4orienteering.com

Its just the domain the guy is buying, no content.

SWD
11-23-2004, 10:10 AM
so the guy paid 4 figure for the domain ?

wtf... whats going on with these people... hehehe

good job chris!

Xander
11-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Wow that does make it an amazing price. Thats really great.

Mike
11-23-2004, 11:07 AM
great deal for you chris, not sure about the guy who bought it though :S

incka
11-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Ok, the domain is gonna get alot of people typing it in remembering the site that was there before, but it's not worth what you sold it for...